62 // "What's the catch?"

The next morning, Sunday, I woke up in Xiumin's arms to my phone ringing. He stirred, and I whispered "Sorry" a thousand times as I answered Kim J's call. "Hello?"

"Amelia?"

"Yes?"

"I'm going to need you to come in for a meeting."

"But it's Sunday.."

"Doesn't matter. See you in an hour." He hung up.

"Shit," I said, jumping out of bed. Xiumin sat up and looked at me, his eyes barely open. "I have to get ready. Meeting in an hour with Kim J."

"Are you coming back after?" Xiumin asked. "Since you're about to go back on tour, I want to be with you."

"I'll be back," I said. I quickly showered and got ready, and left his apartment. I successfully arrived at the SM building and on time. I speed walked to Kim J's office, knocking, and walking in.

"Ah, come in," Kim J said, looking friendlier than usual. I was actually scared now. "I have a new deal for you."

"What?" I asked, my heart beating faster.

"We have fired Minhyuk. You don't need to worry about him anymore. We asked some other people in the company who saw how he treated you and everything you said lines up. And since I feel so bad about the whole situation, I'm cutting your time here almost in half. You can be done in May."

My jaw dropped. "What's the catch?" I asked.

"No catch."

"I'm the only manager?"

"Yes."

"And in May I can leave and Xiumin will be good to go? He won't be sued or forced to come back?"

"No. You both will be free. But please do a good job at being a manager, or I'll have to reconsider. But since they are mostly just touring these months, it should be easy for you. You being so focused on morals and not hurting people."

"Thank you," I said. "Thank you so much."

I couldn't believe this. I got back to Xiumin's apartment as fast as I could, and ran to his door, knocking forever until he opened it. I immediately jumped up, wrapping my arms around his neck and wrapping his legs around his torso. Xiumin was surprised at first, but held me as he closed the door. "What's going on?" Xiumin asked.

"I have the best news," I said. "Minhyuk was fired and I only have to stay until May, instead of the whole year!"

"What?" Xiumin asked, setting me down on my feet. "What do you mean, the whole year?"

I stopped, my smile fading. Shit.

"Is that what you've been hiding?" Xiumin asked. "Did you sign a contract for a year? Is that why you couldn't just quit?"

I leaned in, kissing him on the cheek. "I'll tell you in May. And that's when you'll graduate and get your Masters'."

Xiumin smiled, kissing me. "And then we can move to America in the summer."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Nothing's keeping me here. Do you still have to go on tour tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I said. "But then it will all be over."

Xiumin cupped my face, kissing me again. "I can't wait."