54 // "I'm looking forward to our date"

"Xiumin isn't here anymore," Chanyeol said. "You don't have to protect him. The rest of us are so much more healthy than him. We can take it."

My eyebrows were pressed together. "Why are you telling me this?"

Kai looked at Chanyeol, then looked back at me. "We don't want Minhyuk to hurt you."

"Why would he hurt me?" I questioned. What did they know? Was he already hurting someone?

"Are you stupid?" Chen asked me, joining us. "Did you seriously just ask that?"

I shrugged.

"I saw how he grabbed your arm. It was no cute-Korean-drama grabbing of the arm, it was abusive," Chen said. "Do everything he tells you." Chen walked away to get food.

"My gosh," I said, rolling my eyes. "Do you know why I came back here? I came back because I knew he would be here. I didn't want him hurting you guys."

"Nope, I think he'll hurt you first," Kai said, looking irritated. "Wait, what? You knew him already?"

"Remember when I said I got someone fired? That's him," I said.

Chanyeol shook his head. "Uh, yeah. Definitely do everything he tells you to do. We're going to take care of you."

Kai kept staring at me. "What else are you hiding from us?"

I bit my lip.

"Oh yeah, you're definitely hiding something. Say it now," Kai said. He leaned in, smirking. "Or I'll get you fired."

He started laughing, and Chanyeol smacked him. "Not the time," Chanyeol said. He made a face at Kai. "Why would you even say that? We like this one."

"I was joking!" Kai exclaimed. "Because I always interrogated her...oh, never mind. Amelia, tell us."

I shook my head. "I'm not hiding anything." I stood up, and started walking over to get food. They caught up to me, standing over me. This wasn't fair. It's one thing if Xiumin was standing over me, but these boys are 6 feet and over.

"Amelia, you have to tell us. We want to help you," Chanyeol said.

I exhaled, looking around, making sure Kim J wasn't around, watching me. Or listening. "You can't tell Xiumin. I'm serious. If you do, it's all over."

"What are you talking about?" Kai asked.

"You can't get out of here without lawsuits. Examples - Kris, Luhan, Tao. Xiumin won't...because Kim J made a deal with me. I have to be a good manager for a year. I would have been able to fake my way through like last time, but Minhyuk is staying a year to hold me accountable and report back to Kim J. If I leave early, there will be lawsuits. If I tell Xiumin...it'll just be worse," I explained. "Please, please don't tell Xiumin," I begged.

Chanyeol shook his head. "Oh no.."

"No," Kai said. "We're going to do this for Xiumin. I'm telling you to be Kim J's ideal manager, okay?"

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I looked at it, seeing a text from Kim J to come see him in his office. "I have to go," I said. "Make sure you eat." I walked away, planning on what to say to Kim J. Since I would be alone, it might be easier. I'm used to this. I'm used to Kim J meetings that didn't end in me getting fired. I don't know how I got through it, but I did.

When I made it to his office, I knocked before entering. My heart stopped when I saw Minhyuk sitting in one of the chairs across from Kim J. "Sit down," Kim J said.

I exhaled, sitting down.

"Minhyuk reported to me that you were impossible to work with this morning," Kim J said. "Would you like to explain yourself?"

"We're not on the same page," I said. "We disagree. This is why I don't like management teams."

"Teams are good," Kim J said. "You need to learn how to work as a team. How about...you both go out for dinner tonight in between the practices. The company will pay for it. Then you two can discuss methods and how to work together."

"I have a boyfriend," I said.

"Doesn't matter," Kim J said. "This is important."

"He's the jealous type," I said, my eyes narrowing into a cold stare.

"Xiumin? He'll understand," Kim J said. "Unless he would like to come back-"

"I'll do it," I quickly spoke up. "Are we done here?"

"Yes," Kim J said. As I was about to walk out, he started talking again. "Amelia, I hope you know that the policy hasn't changed since you've been gone. If you decide you're tired of Xiumin, you cannot date anyone else in EXO. However, I have no problem with you and Minhyuk dating."

"Ugh," I said, walking out of his office. I got to the cafeteria and quickly got food, attempting to eat it in the two minutes I had until we all had to be back to the practice room. But a few seconds later, I saw Minhyuk walk into the cafeteria.

"EXO! Time to get back practicing!" He exclaimed. We made eye contact right before he walked away, smirking at me.

I got up and threw my food away, walking back to the practice room. "Don't you eat?" I questioned him when I got there.

He laughed. "I got someone to go on a food run for me. By the way, I'm looking forward to our date this evening...if you decide to look like you got hit by a train, well, I wouldn't, if I were you."

I glared at him. "Why would I look like I got hit by a train?"

"I feel like you would do that."

Well, it's true. I didn't want to give him the wrong idea.