41 // "I know you leaked the video"

EXO's comeback album and song came out the following week. I was a general mess, all the time. I tried to look nice, but inside, I was almost ready to cry all the time. Xiumin was dying, and he hated me. Again.

On our way back to the Big Hit building from a performance in another city, we had a few cameras on us for one of the shows. I noticed Jin talking to someone with the camera, and then I looked over at Jungkook and Jimin just as Minhyuk raised his hand to smack Jungkook. I saw Jungkook flinch, and I lost it.

"Minhyuk!" I exclaimed, walking over. "What are you doing?!"

"Just get inside," he told me.

That was on video.

It had to have been on video.

I went inside, and I found Jungkook. "Are you okay?"

"He didn't hit me, you know," Jungkook said. He paused for a little while, then bit his lip. "But he has before. It's not a big deal, though. I mean, I was messing around those times. I wasn't focused, I deserved it."

"I know I'm from a different culture, but Minhyuk isn't your parent," I said. "It's wrong."

Jungkook didn't make eye contact. "Maybe you didn't hear me. I deserved it." He got up and walked out.

I ran my hand through my hair. It wasn't because I already hated Minhyuk for making Xiumin hate me, but seeing this abuse made me livid. I had to do something. I sat down, thinking about a plan.

In about 30 seconds, I was back on my feet, on my way to finding the cameramen. They were in the practice room, catching each member to talk and practice. "Can I speak to you?" I asked one of them after he got done talking to Namjoon.

He looked at me, then looked around. "I'm kind of busy?"

"This won't take long. Please." I had him follow me around the corner, into an empty practice room. "You caught Minhyuk almost hitting Jungkook, right?"

He immediately seemed to be nervous. "Oh..yeah, we'll edit that out."

"Can you not edit it out?" I asked.

He cringed. "Uh, I probably shouldn't. I'll lose my job. You know, controversies."

"Can you send it to me? Confidentially. Just that part."

"Um...I don't know..."

"I promise I won't let it get back to you. If it gets messy, I'll take the blame."

He exhaled. "Fine, fine." I gave him my personal, not work, email address.

By the end of the night, I was on my laptop, doing work, and figuring out how to leak this video. Finally an email popped up in my inbox, and I immediately downloaded it. I closed my eyes before posting it to social media through my Twitter fan account that I hadn't used in months, but still had thousands of followers. It was so sketchy. "I'm so sorry," I whispered before clicking, and then slammed my laptop shut.

I got up the next morning, refusing to check the status of the video. I was afraid that no one had seen it by the time I woke up, but I think I was more afraid of it going viral.

I walked down to the practice room, where I expected the boys to be practicing. When I got there, they were all sitting on the floor on their phones, talking. "The fans are really angry," I heard Hoseok acknowledge, scrolling through Twitter.

"How did that even get leaked?" Jungkook asked. "Really...it wasn't that big of a deal.."

"Fans are concerned about you too, Jimin," Namjoon said. "They keep saying that you need to eat."

"No, I can't," Jimin said. "I mean, not right before photoshoots and stuff."

"It's not healthy," Jin said. "Just eat, man. We don't want you fainting and stuff."

Namjoon looked up at me. "Oh, come on, guys. We have to practice." He looked back at me. "Sorry."

"It's okay," I said. "I mean, since Minhyuk and Jan Di aren't here."

Jimin smiled at me from across the room. "Amelia's my favorite manager. She's so chill and relaxed."

"Hey," Namjoon said, playfully smacking him. "Come on. Let's practice. Now's not the time to be flirting with the manager - which you can't do, anyway."

I nervously ran my hand through my hair, and paced a little. How would I not make it obvious that I leaked that video? Or that I had something to do with it?

The door flung open, and Jan Di and Minhyuk came in. They looked at me, and then then looked at the boys, who were just standing around. "Um, you should be practicing by now," Minhyuk said. "Why aren't we practicing?" He looked at me. "You've been here, why didn't you tell them to practice?"

"Uh...they were warming up-"

"No, that's a lie. Don't lie to me," Minhyuk said. "I'm overwhelmed by the laziness that exists in this room. Amelia, write down cardio workout for them in their schedules today. Then they'll think twice about wasting time again."

I didn't want to blow my cover, but I also didn't want to hurt them. Finally I decided to write it down, without arguing. "Sure."

I noticed that Jimin seemed to be watching me. Or observing me. I was probably paranoid, but I just had the feeling like he could see right through me - as if he had figured out that I was the one who leaked the video, or that I had a part in it.

During lunch break, Jimin walked over to me. "I'm pretending to talk to you about my dancing solos."

Pretending? Oh no. "Okay," I said, hesitantly. "Are we eating lunch, though?"

"I'm not."

"Jimin," I said. "You need to eat."

"Jan Di says that I shouldn't."

"And I'm telling you that you need to," I said.

Jimin shook his head, rolling his eyes. "We're not talking about this. I think I know what's going on."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Jimin narrowed his eyes. "I know you leaked the video."

My eyes got big, and I looked around to make sure no one was close enough to hear that. "Shit, Jimin. Don't say stuff like that around here." I looked around, still paranoid. "Do you want to talk about this?"

Jimin shrugged. "Kind of."

"Follow me." I walked with Jimin to my office, and I closed the door after him and we both sat down. I exhaled.

"So you did leak it," Jimin acknowledged.

"Yes. How did you know?" I asked. "Was it that obvious?"

"I guess I'm just on the observant side. I think you're okay. I could just notice that you and Minhyuk haven't been friendly lately. And then when he almost smacked Jungkook, you blew up at him, and then Jungkook told me later that you talked to him about it. So the only people who would probably figure it out would be Jungkook and Minhyuk."

"Shit," I said. "That's too many people."

"What I want to know," Jimin said, "is why you leaked it. Is it because you hate Minhyuk, or something else?"