Chapter 9

I woke to a very excited Sam jumping up and down on my bed yelling something about our plans for the day ahead. We were heading out to find a beach. I mimicked his excitement. I loved the beach but the feeling subsided when I peered underneath my sheets to confirm my suspicions. I had no clothes on, only underwear.

"That's great" I said, meekly, worrying about the inevitable awkward situation to come.

"I know it's great, get up, I'll help you choose what to wear" he showed me all his teeth with the ginormous smile he was wearing.

"Yeah, yeah, definitely" I paused awkwardly "just give me a minute okay,"

Before I could stop he grabbed at my sheets pulling at them viscously yelling that we have no time to wait for my sleepy ass.

Fuck.

He dropped the sheet at his feet and gawked at my practically naked body. I sat up and grabbed the pillow from beneath my head and covered myself but my bra was still in his view. I felt strangely excited and my body felt tingling. After getting over his sudden shock he looked away staring at the fan.

"I'm so sorry" he stuttered uncontrollably. I grabbed the sheet and wrapped it around myself. Sam jumped when he felt my hand tap his back.

"What do you think about this?" I giggled and he turned to see the beautiful ball gown I had created with my white sheets. His cheeks that burned bright red started to return to their normal paleness.

"You're absolutely beautiful Liv" he said gently. But that wasn't fair because he wasn't playing along with my joke. He was looking into my eyes and he meant every word he said. I stood their looking into his dark eyes and I smiled, ready to shrug off his compliment like I did every single other time but something about his honesty made that impossible.

I got very close to him and I dropped my ball gown onto the ground. And I whispered gently into his ear.

"Thank you"

I gently kissed him holding it long enough for him to search my body like an eager child, rubbing my chest and running his strong hands through my hair. It felt good. It lasted for a minute when Sam broke away from my lips to look at me and smile. I smiled back but inside some thoughts were brewing and sadly some spilled out.

"We can't go out, but I do really like kissing you and being your friend"

I was scared for his disappointed reaction but felt a little hard done by when he started smiling cheekily.

" Yeah, this type of friends would be great" he winked and dropped his gaze down my body.

I went to my bag, enjoying him watch me and laugh at me hide away as I changed into my bikini and then a short skirt.

"Shall we go?"

"Yes"

We hugged slowly with my face in the nook between his shoulder and collar bone. I felt solidified in our friendship.

Everyone was outside in the hotel's reception. Zoe and Louise came and huddled next to me and we talked about the exciting day planed. Zoe and Louise looked lovely and very beach-ready.

We all walked out to the car that was parked amongst the many empty car parks and with some simple deductions I realised that the eight of us were not about to fit in a five seater.

"Liv, you can sit on my lap." It was Finn. I nodded my head at him and we all piled in the car. Zoe sitting on Caspar's knee and me sitting on Finn's knee and Sam sitting in the trunk with the beach supplies.

Jack started the car and it lurched forward into life and everyone jolted into their seat-belts except for me and Zoe who were flung into the seat in front of us. I growled at Jack and he laughed. Finn leaned into me and whispered into my ear making my heart beat hard.

"I have a feeling that this'll be fun"