Chapter 18

A quick authors note to say thank you for all the support you all have given me. It means a lot to me.

I chocked and spluttered violently into the toilet bowl I was hugging tightly. My head lazily rose from its position laying on the seat of the toilet.

"Good morning Livy" it was Finn. His voice was sweet syrup dripping into my ears. I didn't look up because I knew what I would see. A beautiful specimen of a man with the face that toke everything not to devour with passionate lustful kisses. But even I could smell my burning acidic breath.

Another mouthful of vomit splashed into the toilet. Finn sat down next to me and rubbed my back.

"I'm never drinking again" I mumbled into the toilet. My voice sounded raspy and croaky.

Finn laughed gently and handed me cool glass of water, he held in his other hand, not occupied with massaging my shoulders.

"Drink this"

He held it to my mouths and I sipped at it. I was horrified by the taste of it. The clear liquid was not water, but a metallic tangy substance that fizzed slightly on the roof of my mouth. I looked at Finn with urgency and made humming noises with my mouth full.

"I know it's not water, Liv" he said, obviously able to understand my message, "It's going to make your tummy settle, drink it" he ordered like an authoritative mother.

I made a face as I swallowed the rest of the glass. I made a "ugh" noise.

I scanned Finn over. Not a single hair was out of place, every little speck was perfect. His lips pulled in to the most perfect smile; and in that moment I felt completely selfish because that smile was only for me, no one else was seeing it or enjoying but me.

"I love you"

That was the first time I had said those three words in corresponding order to Finn. And it scared everything out of me as they left my mouth. My heart that was beating fast already with the proximity of Finn, pumped at an inhuman speed.

Please, please Finn, please, say it back.

It was so pathetic. My subconscious begged for Finn to say it back, repeating and repeating over and over the same chant.

Please, please Finn, please, say it back.

" I love you too, Livy"

We hugged and I knew what happened next in relationships and that was okay because I was ready. As I leaned in to the hug I whispered:

"I'm ready now, Finn"

He pulled abruptly away from the hug.

"Tonight?" He asked, smiling.

"Tonight" I reassured him.

I turned back to the toilet bowl, resting my head back onto the seat. My stomach and my head were feeling much better, but I had a whole new set of problems:

How do I do sex?