Chapter 54

A little authors note to say thank you again for your endless support all your comments made me laugh and smile.

"You've been asleep for god damn hours and you have a date with Jack today!" My mum threw open my bedroom door enthusiastically.

She smiled a huge smile and started sorting threw the pile of messy clothes on my floor. Her energy level astounded me.

"How 'bout we start fresh, Livy," she said, half heartedly. Mother was preoccupied holding up my black dress I bought in Ibiza.

"I'm not angry with you, and you aren't angry with me." She looked at me, expectantly.

"okay?" She asked. Mother saw my silence as a yes and moved onto further inspecting my clothes.

She sighed at my dress and threw it across the room to a corner far away from her judgemental sight.

I didn't say anything except made an angry groan into my pillow.

I had everything to be angry at her for and she had no reason to be angry at me.

"This is what you'll wear" Mother laid some clothes on the the end of my bed.

She ignored the mess of clothes on the floor and the fresh and continuous tears rolling down my face slowly.

Did she forget the she was literally forcing me into a relationship with someone? Against my will? This was a big deal. A nights sleep would not normalise the situation.

She left my room as fast as she had come in, only stopping to tell me to be ready for Jack to pick me up in half an hour.

I tried to push the thoughts of the call to Finn last night, away. At one point, as I stroked some mascara delicately on to my eyes, I convinced myself that it had all been a terrible dream. My mood was not stable, and I reapplied my make up twice because of my imminent crying fits. Today was not a good day for a first date.

•••

My mums choice of clothes were definitely trying to bring across a certain message: a short miniskirt with a delicate lacy bra that you could see through the high collar crop top that was paired with it. My mid section and most of my legs would be shown in its outfit.

It was the middle of winter and my mother was more focused on showing off my body to Jack than the obvious cold and hyperthermia I would be vulnerable to.

I was not wearing that.

Only to anger my mother, I went through my wardrobe for the most modest clothes I could find.

A black dress that came down to almost my ankles that was loose and layered with material and had a thin tight belt of black material just under my bust, gathering the material. It covered everything with a reasonably high collar except it had thin straps revealing my shoulders.

Just to exaggerate my point to my mother I wore unnecessary stockings, and a grey loose cardigan.

The only bit off flesh showing on my body was my face, hands and neck. The shape of my body could not be discerned from the mass of fabric covering it.

Though it was obvious I was trying to hide my body, I thought I looked fine, like myself. Even under all the material, hiding my thin body shape wasn't possible. I still had no delicious sexy curves or any sort of a rack.

•••

"You didn't wear what I left out for you" Mother observed as I walked down stairs, she watched from the kitchen.

"Yes, Mother" I said strongly.

She could manipulate me so easily. I was soft putty, mouldable to who ever she wanted me to be as soon as she raised her voice. And this needed to change, now.

"I wanted to wear something that wouldn't reveal my WHOLE vagina!" I snapped sarcastically, smiling angrily at her.

"I'm just trying to make you look attractive okay, I'm doing you a favour." She snapped back, " but you obviously don't want that, to look attractive." She sighed.

Adding another little dig at me after a long breath:

"That's obvious by what your wearing, god, you look like an absolute whore" she sighed again.

"Shut the fuck up" I demanded, trying to hide the shock of the harsh words flowing from my mouth.

My mother deserved this treatment, and even though I knew that, it still felt desperately wrong.

She was completely shocked into silence by my disrespectful language. Before I could apologise desperately, there was a perfectly timed polite knock at the door.

"Jack's here" I said to her, my eyes widening in surprise at my sudden nervousness. My heart speed up a little and my palms moistened.

I wish I had more time to change, what my mother had said threw my attitude toward my outfit.

Never had I cared so much about what I wore as I opened the door to Jack.

•••

(A SNEAK PEAK AT THE NEXT CHAPTER)

"What are you making?" I smiled a little at him but I felt terrible. His perfect looks, even with unique differences to Finn, did make me remember back to the call last night.

We were at Jack and Finn's house. Alone. On the car ride to his house, Jack had promised a movie night extravaganza. He was even cooking up a storm in the kitchen for our dinner.

My heart hadn't slowed since I left

the house. I was nervous, what did Jack know of the agreement and what did he expect of me? Was it taboo to tell him I was forced into this 'date'?

I casually rubbed a tear from my eye, hiding my crying with an itch.

"Macaroni and cheese," He proudly held up the packet from which the ingredients came from. And only after a slight pause did he go back to stirring the frothing liquid around on the stove.

" and enough wine to make it taste bearable" Jack laughed, and pulled out a bottle of wine from a cupboard by his feet.

Jack filled to large glasses full of wine and placed two other bottles with the first one.

From the plastic and salty smells brewing from the stove, we would have to drink a lot to make this food taste okay.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I felt unsure of this chapter, maybe it was a bit boring.

If it was I'm sorry. I guess not all chapters can be mind-blowingly exciting.

Xxxx

As always, COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.