Chapter 64 Leaving

Jack didn't ask anything he just dressed himself quickly while I scrambled around the house, as quietly as possible, grabbing necessities and stuffing them into a small duffel bag.

Toothbrushes, underwear, camera and 2 thick coats if it was cold where we ended up were the only thing I could really think of.

Clothes could be bought at our destination.

Jack was leaning on the kitchen bench writing something on the back of some scrap paper.

I read over Jack's shoulder, trying decode his rushed scrawl.

'We're going on a trip Dad and when I find a phone I'll call you.

We love you and keep safe,

Jack and Finn and Liv

PS Tell Rich and Frankie that Liv will be looked after,'

I hugged Jack.

"We need to go to back to our house to get passports and then to the airport, Jack" I whispered trying to keep as quiet as possible, to avoid waking Andy.

I gently pulled him from the bench where he was finding it hard to break his stare at his note.

•••

Jack drove fast and he braked hard when we arrived at our house, skidding along the wet road a little.

"Wait in the car, I'll only be a moment," I said.

Inside I ran to the wardrobe I had filled with my clothes and dug to the very back where I found the shoe box that held both, mine and Jack's passports and 500 pounds in cash, I had saved up.

I hesitated at the bedroom door, trying to think of what else I needed.

My list.

Into the closet I dove again and into the back pockets of my denim shorts I pulled out my crinkled and ripped list.

Though crossed off I could still read:

Sex.

Kiss a girl.

Smoke weed.

Achieve 100% drunkness

Have a hangover.

Skinny dip.

Flash a stranger.

Spin the bottle.

Truth or dare.

I slid the list in to my bra, forgetting, in a sentimental daze, that we were rushing to the airport to fly away.

•••

"Is there anything that you desperately need from the house?" I asked Jack, hoping he answered a quick no and we could shoot off into the dark streets to the airport.

"There isn't anything I desperately need, but I'm worried that they won't let me take this on the plane,"

Jack shuffled in his seat and pulled out the pocket knife I had gifted him weeks ago from Ibiza.

"We'll work something out, I promise," And again, I wasted another precious moment reassuring Jack.

"Now, drive!" I commanded and Jack skidded off toward the mid-city of London that had the airport just outside of it.

It was very quiet in the car and the only noise was me, desperately packing our things into a carry-on sized duffel bag.

On the top I lay our passports, so that they would be easily accessible.

"You haven't really asked any questions Jack, you don't want know what the fucks going on?"

"I overheard you and Finn's conversation,"

There was a long silent lag in the conversation.

"Are you angry at Finn? For doing what he did to your mother," I asked Jack.

"I get it, he really loves you," He sighed.

"I guess I just wanted to play house a little longer" Jack smiled sadly.

The rest of car trip was without conversation.

AUTHORS NOTE:

It's nearly over! Truth or Dare has been going for a little over 6 months and every single one of you have been the reason for the success of this book.

Thank you so much. I will update again soon and after Truth or Dare I will be releasing a new book soon.

Like always COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND MESSAGE ME!

I want you to know that I count every single one of you as good friends.