Chapter 49

Joe and Zoe welcomed us in to their home. Their parents had gone up to the second living room upstairs, leaving the group to eat and hang out.

Thin cardboard boxes filled with pizza sat on the coffee table in their living room waiting for me and my appetite. For lunch, I had eaten pizza and it would take more than two meals in a row for me to bore of it.

Louise, Sam and Maz were already sitting by the pizza waiting for us. They sat close to the coffee table in a long couch that faced a TV that was up on the wall. The meaty greasy smells from the cartons were almost unbearable. Louise called a hello and Sam and Maz hugged us both quickly and started to mumble a greeting through a big bite of pizza.

Finn and I shared a recliner generally set for one person. I pulled a lever and a foot rest popped out from under us. Finn's thighs were warm and I sat in his lap with his arms around me.

"Truth or dare, Zoe" Sam called from the kitchen where he was emptying the pizza crusts and the cardboard boxes in to the rubbish bin.

Louise found the television remote and muted Breaking Bad.

Zoe glared at him as he sat back down on the couch and groaned.

"I'm not playing your silly game, Sammy" She laughed.

"I'm taking that as dare," Sam said quickly and everybody laughed at his persistence.

" Zoe, I dare you to..." He paused for intense dramatic effect.

"Get down to your birthday suit and go down to the end of the street and back,"

I expected an absolute uproar from Zoe at such a risky dare but all she did was breath in a deep slow and calm breath.

"End of the street and back?" Zoe questioned gently.

" It will be way too cold, Sammy," She complained but in a sweet light convincing tone that would make anyone want to do what she asked. Her eyes lingered with Sam and she smiled a little.

"Down to the end of the drive way sounds more reasonable, doesn't it Sammy baby?" She was charming him with her smile and her warmth and a hand that had started to move up and down his thigh.

Sam was completely entranced and everyone was watching and sniggering at his weakness to her flirting.

"You're so right, Zoe" his eye contact never wavered from her fluttering eyes.

"Your dare," he paused but he didn't care much for what the dare became. He was completely consumed in Zoe and her soft gentle hands that were climbing up his legs getting closer to his crotch.

"Zoe baby," he smiled goofily, "your dare is to stay beautiful for the whole night," he started leaning in to a gentle kiss.

Before Zoe and Sam's lips touched Sam spoke in a hushed husky whisper.

"It won't be hard,"

Zoe giggled before kissing Sam and then cuddled deep into his arms. What started a trick to avoid an embarrassing dare had become a crush for Zoe.

I pretended to gag while Finn and Joe groaned at Sam's naïvety. Louise squealed at the beginnings of another of Zoe's adventures into love.

"Truth or dare, Liv" Maz asked, trying to keep the rhythm game going with out the disruption of new found love.

"Truth, Mazzi,"

"Who was the lucky guy that popped your cherry?" Mazzi smiled cheekily.

Fuck.

There was a quiet pause while everyone watched me panic. I understood the game truth or dare but I was going to lie.

Finn knowing that I lost my virginity to him without him knowing would absolutely throw him.

I started thinking up a story when I realised that I had to tell the truth. Sam knew. I had come to him for advice on my virginity-losing and he would know if I fibbed.

Finn was watching me and I made eye contact with him. My eyes formed a hopeful expression and I tried to prepare him for this reveal.

"I lost my virginity to" I breathed in and my voice hitched as I tried to speak Finn's name.

"Finn,"