Chapter 57

I AM HELLA-SICK FOLKS! SO I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE!

Another 'date' was organised by Rebecca. She sent both Jack and I an invitation to an elite and exclusive restaurant opening, a half an hours drive away from central London.

I was unfamiliar with anywhere out of a five kilometre radius of my neighbourhood, so Jack and I would drive to the restaurant together.

There was an hour before Jack would be outside my house and I was pulling up my hair and making up my face. I was so consumed in taming a stray ringlet falling incorrectly down my cheek that I was startled by the voice of my mother through the door.

I heard her foot steps moving across my room to the bathroom where I was focusing my concentration on my hair.

"I got you a gift" Mother said and I snapped my attention to see she was holding up a coat hanger with long flowing material falling around it.

It was a dress.

"Oh my god, it's beautiful!" I exclaimed, forgetting about my hair and taking the material gently in my hands and rubbing and fondling it. The material was so soft to the touch.

Two thin straps held the dress to the shoulders of the coat hanger and then the creamy pink material pinched at the chest giving a patterned texture.

"Get dressed and come down stairs," She smiled and seemed happy, an emotion I rarely saw in my Mother.

My mother left quietly smiling.

Zipped in to the gown I could look in to my mirror and see that it hung down to the floor, gently clinging to my body.

It looked like my body was born in to this world to wear this dress.

I opened my bedroom door, and a pair of beautiful high heels neatly sat outside, waiting for my feet.

They were a darker creme-pink on top and then the thick sole and heel were a light wood grain. They fit me like a glove and I got down the stairs to my staring mother and father without hobbling or falling.

"Rich, doesn't our daughter look like the most beautiful women on earth!" Mother exclaimed, giving me gentle hug.

A genuine compliment from my Mother was so hard to come by and it seemed that she was showering me with love today. It felt odd and foreign and great.

"Absolutely, Frankie" My dad smiled at me.

"Thank y-" I was interrupted by a polite two-tap knock on the door.

My mother ran to the door, excitedly squealing. It surprised me to see her like this and as she opened the door and saw Jack in a tux, she pulled him roughly in to an unsuspecting cuddle.

"Mother, please!" I exclaimed, embarrassed by her odd behaviour.

Jack hugged her back weakly and laughed off the awkwardness.

Jack was wearing a tight well fitting tuxedo, traditional in black coat and pants and white shirt with a skinny black tie.

He looked lovely and I felt guilty to the point of nausea when I started to think about what Finn was doing.

Finn, Finn, I love Finn. Finn, Finn.

"You look beautiful," Jack came up and hugged me gently and my Mother made an nawww noise.

"Get close you two!" She squealed, grabbing at a camera lying on the kitchen bench.

She started moving closer, holding the camera out at me and Jack's smiling faces. The flash brightly snapped and made me blink and flinch.

After the tenth click I had to stop her.

"Mother stop! Please!" I whispered with urgency and a little anger at her.

She was treating this like prom night.

"I'm just so excited!" Mother laughed and squealed.

"We are going out to a restaurant?" I questioned, confused.

Mother snapped oddly back in to an authoritative facial expression.

"Yes, and you'll be late if you don't leave now," Mother pointed at the door and gestured for us to hurry out.

Fun Mum was gone.

"Bye," I waved as Jack held the door to his car open to me and I got in.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I had my external Cambridge exams so I couldn't update for a week. Nineteen of them!

This isn't a great chapter but I'M SICK! Like spewing into a bucket as I type.

So you know... Be nice. Please.

:)

As always I LOVE YOU ALL AND LOVE YOU MORE WHEN YOU COMMENT AND VOTE AND FOLLOW AND READ AND SUPPORT ME!