Chapter 14

Oh sweet Jesus. And all my anger just melted away and with my anger gone, i could see Jack. He was so beautiful and so blindly hopeful and naive and I loved him. But that wasn't fair because I loved Finn. This love I had for Finn was strong but it would not stop me from my friendship with Jack being reconciled.

I looked at Jack, smiled and made a "nawww" noise and brought him in to a friendly embrace.

" Jacky baby," I said and I could feel him smiling into my shoulder as we hugged. I let go and looked at him.

"Friends?" I said hopefully but he didn't respond. He just looked at me like I had stabbed him with a hundred knives.

"I don't think I can, Liv" he started to explain but I cut him. I was ready to beg to have my best friend back.

" it would mean the world to me, Jack" He sighed and looked down at the ground gathering up the strength I knew he would need to be my friend, and only my friend.

"Yeah, yeah okay,Liv " he smiled at me reassuringly, trying to hide the huge amount of loss that just overcame him.

He was still smiling which looked odd as he sighed heavily.

"You're with Finn now aren't you" he said, putting a little bit too much emphasis on now, implying that my significant other was constantly changing. I shrugged it off, I wasn't ready for another fight.

" yeah, I think so "

He looked at me with a strangely new found power. His eyes didn't waver as he betrayed his brother.

" You're supposed to be with me."