Chapter 43

My hair had an oily sheen at the roots and my eyes looked dull and lifeless which added to my angry expression. Thick eyebrows grew across my brow almost meeting in the middle. My skin looked too tight for my face and a ripe pimple, white, ready to pop, grew on my right nostril. The girl staring back at me from the photo was barely noticeable as myself.

My passport photo was not a pretty one.

If I wanted to keep Finn as my boyfriend then for the safety of our relationship I would never show him this photo.

"Show me" Finn ordered, teasing me with the proximity of his passport.

"No, honestly Finn, it's so bad. I want you to keep that coffee down," I sealed my passport back in to the front pocket of my carry on bag.

"I bet you look beautiful" Finn said, leaning in over the table so our lips could connect gently, "as always"

His mouth tasted warm and bitter like the coffee he was drinking. As we parted our lips, I quickly snatched away his passport and held it close to me, away from Finn's panicked grabbing hands.

"Not fair, Liv, give it back!" He exclaimed.

I ignored his complaints.

"It's not really fair, the rule is you always have to look bad in passport photos and here you are perfect as fucking usual," I scoffed at the passport photo and handed it back peacefully.

He laughed and tucked the passport into the pocket of his jeans. Finn's mouth sealed around the opening of the lip of his coffee and he gulped down the last drops of coffee.

"Let's go buy last-minute presents, aye?"

Finn and I left the coffee-shop.