Chapter 38

I was crying, tears streaming down my face. I felt a tightness in my stomach that can only come from a fit of laughter so powerful abs develop in seconds. My eyes closed into little slits.

I gasped breaths and in these desperate inhales I spoke.

"Oh god" I whimpered.

Finn was also laughing but not uncontrollably and I could tell it wasn't due to the movie we were watching. It was me. My uncontrollable fit was hilarious.

Finn could hardly believe when, during conversation, I admitted to never have watch Borat. We quickly escaped lunch to his room where his encyclopaedia of movies came in handy and we began to watch.

We were fifteen minutes and I felt like I had done permanent damage to myself with such a straining burst of laughter.

I was curled in his bed next to him. Pain needles stabbed at my stomach.

"Help me" I giggled in agony.

He laughed harder.

"Not helping" I frowned trying to sound angry, contradicting my chuckling grin.

We watched the movie, me in a continuous loop of calming myself down in time to see Borat do something ridiculous and start laughing ecstatically.

The end credits rolled up the screen.

"So I'm pretty good at choosing comedies, I guess" Finn said smugly, questioning me sarcastically, watching me laughing again.

"I'm in so much pain" I groaned and laughed again. I lay down on his bed on top of his covers while and we looked in to each others smiling.

"It's nearly time to go back to the mother land" He moved the laptop down on the the ground and positioned my head on his crossed legs. He was leaning up against the frame of the bed looking down at me, still smiling.

"Oh yeah, I had forgotten for a while that we had to leave one day," I was not exaggerating a bit. It shocked me the idea I had lost touch with everything outside of my small and isolated Finn-and-Jack bubble.

"Two more days of warmth and sunshine" Finn stroked my hair delicately and never lost eye contact.

My thoughts traced back to the list:

It made me feel nostalgic when I realised I had only one more dare and I would have no more list. No more magic that transformed into this beautiful and confident Liv that fell in love and had friends and enjoyed new things. I just hoped that I could stay this Liv forever, but Old Liv was already pulling off the New Liv facade. Anxiety started to close in on me but I pushed it away focusing on my unfinished list.

Flash a stranger.