Chapter 29

"Please don't" I urged.

Jack face was turning a shade paler than snow, and he was starting to gag.

"Jack listen to me, hold it for five seconds"

Hot vomit dribbled down my front and he coughed a wet cough.

"Oh Jacky" I sighed and rubbed his back a little.

I was walking him back to his room, down the hallway that seemed to go on forever. The longer we walked the more weight he put on me, he was slowly falling asleep after being abruptly woken by the taxi driver's alert and constant hard braking.

"I'm sorry" he whimpered. It was so slurred and quiet. I thought maybe I imagined those first words of the last few hours.

But I didn't. And he continued on.

"Please take me home, Livy" he said into my wet and dripping chest.

"I'm so sad Livy" he started to beg into my dress which muffled him.

"Here we are Jack" I opened his door, trying eye the key hole over Jacks head that was resting on my chest.

I laid him down on the bed. And found a little rubbish in time to catch another throw up.

"Poor Jacky" I put the bucket by the bed and he leaned over it, waiting for another episode.

As Jack groaned into the bucket that he was hugging gently, filling with his drunken vomit.

I changed in to one of his shirts that were lying about. I put my dress in a pile that I started to make that I would wash.

I toke off Jacks pants, and placed them in the pile with my dress. The ecstasy had not worn off and though I was sobered by my worries for Jack, I did have to constantly remind myself that I was doing a friends duty and nothing more.

I helped Jack take off his top that he had only one arm successfully out of. I ignored my sharp intake of breath at his shaped, hard torso.

He only had his underwear on now. His Calvin Klein briefs that were black except for a strip around the waist band that was a light grey.

"Jacky are you okay?" I sat on the side of the bed rubbing his bare back feeling every muscle in his defined shoulders blades, ignoring the stimulants begging for me to touch more.

His response was said into the bin that he had his face buried in.

He groaned miserably " Liv,"

After almost filling the rubbish bin, I started to see flickers of Jack sobering.

I dug around in Jacks mess and found a half drunken warm bottle of water. I drank a little and grimaced. It tastes cancerous and plastic. I held it to Jack.

"You've got to stay hydrated Jack"

He put the bin down and pulled himself in to a sitting position on the bed, right next to me. His legs were on the floor, either side of the bin.

His lips touched the bottle gently and it was hard not to stare and imagine the kiss that 'never happened'. So gentle. So fucking perfect. So not okay.

Jack was thirsty and drank hungrily at the bottle finishing it.

"You should probably go to sleep" I said,

There was a silence, where he paused to think and then he laid down again. I stood up and pulled a sheet over his bare body.

"I want you to stay." Jack whispered to me.

" please don't do this to Finn, Jack"

Jack looked up at me with sober and pained eyes and then shuffled around in his bed, turning to face away from me.