Chapter 46

**** Hi there, recently I started writing a new story, although it is a fanfiction, I don't think you need to know the youtubers to enjoy the story. If you want to, please check it out!!!****

Jet lag set in and I lay down on my father's long beige couch, looking up at the ceiling. Not long after vowing my eagerness to go out for dinner with him, I fell in to a deep sleep.

Dad had taken me on a scenic route home, passing all the places that formed the memory of my childhood.
Until arriving home where things hadn't changed much.

It was a normal townhouse in London with close identical neighbouring houses on either side. The roof reached a tall height and had 3 narrow levels.

The wooden paneling covering the house was a pale grey and the roof was brick, with a bright orange brown patching. The inside was bare. The modern monochromatic greys and whites and blacks made it look a little impersonal, like an open home. It seemed as if no one truly lived there.

On the first floor was a kitchen that lead in to a lounge with a bathroom in the corner.

On the second floor was a laundry room, my room and spare room that was almost too small to fit a single bed.

On the third floor was my fathers room and his office. There was no spoken rule but to go up to his room was taboo.

My room had been transformed in the twelve years I hadn't been there. It was still small and with only one window overlooking the street but very little else, it was two storeys up and the view was minimal.

The walls had been striped of colourful posters and personality and replaced with bare shelves, waiting for books.

Everything was shades of blacks, whites and greys. There were two doors in my room: one leading to a closet, I had spent many hours in as a child, sulking or crying and a ensuite, complete with a toilet, sink and shower confined into the smallest, most compact area possible.

A phones ringing shrilled from my upstairs and I felt a jolt awake. I hurried upstairs to answer the still ringing telephone and I was on the second floor hall way deliberating whether to go up to Dads office to pick up the phone or to let it ring when the call was answered.

"Franky" My father was talking to my mother.

"She's fine, Franky, she loves it here" my Dad spoke in a calm and strong tone to her slowly.

"Yes, he walked her out to me, at the airport"

Oh god, my father was talking about Finn. I sat on the stair case between the second floor and third, way out of my Dads view to listen in.

"Franky, I understand" he was cut off by my mothers loud commanding voice that even I could hear from meters away.

" yes, we'll scaring her into hasn't worked well for you so far, has it?" My dads calm facade fell apart and an angry gruff voice shot back at my mother.

" I'll do something don't worry" my dad reassured my mum.

"Goodbye, Franky"

My dad gently put down the phone back into the receiver. I heard long hard sighs for a minute before he started to his room for some sleep.

Under my thick blankets, I could finally think about the conversation I and listened in on. It hadn't answered many of the mounting questions rising in my brain.