Chapter 61 Not a Mistake

Andy's house was a short walk away from the park and I paced fast and angrily home.

It was quiet and warm inside, Andy must have left because his little car was clear of the drive way.

Just Jack and me, alone.

In the spare bedroom that had become ours, I found Jack lying in bed, under soft blankets on his computer. He had pulled the curtains closed and the lights were off, giving him an artificial night.

Jack looked up and his face was glowing from the computer screen, he smiled a little. The edges of his mouth pricked but it was a worried smile, a scared smile.

"What are you doing Jacky?" I asked smiling back.

I was preoccupied with closing the door firmly behind me and taking off excess layers. I needed a Jack cuddle, under the blankets, lying against his warm hard body, protected completely from complications.

Complications like Finn.

Under three thick layers of jackets and jumpers I found myself in a black loose singlet and boxer shorts I stole from Jack's undie draw.

"I'm just," He paused to sigh and rub the areas under his eyes where dark bags had produced.

"Looking up some stuff about flights out of London that night,"

Jack had wound himself into an unforgiving cycle. He would work for days on end in a caffeinated rush and at night restlessly jostle around the bed to find sleep for 15 minutes and then waking up in a panicked sweaty state from a nightmare.

I tucked into bed next to him and watched as he darted the mouse around the AirLondon website for half an hour. My head slowly moved from my pillow to his chest. I listened gently to the sound of his heart beating and the slow rise and fall of his rib cage.

"Jacky, when was the last time you ate?" I asked in a gentle tone, that I hoped wouldn't startle him into thinking I was desperately worried for him.

"It depends," He laughed a little, but his eyes never left the computer screen.

"What time is it?"

"It's nearly twelve,"

"Wow," Jack looked down at me on his chest, genuinely surprised by the time that he had lost.

"I haven't eaten since... Twoish" His eyes only lingered on mine for a moment before going back to the computer.

"Jack!" I grumbled, angrily.

"You need to look after yourself, I'll go fix you something." I left to the kitchen, reeling over Jack's shocking inability to look after himself.

He laughed a bit and continued to work.

•••

"That looks delicious Livy, thank you" Jack disregarded the food with a hollow compliment. He didn't even flick a glance to the sandwich I had prepared him.

Jack intently worked on his laptop.

"Just leave it there and I'll get to it," his hands gestured, carelessly to a spot on the bed next to him.

"Jackyyyyy..." I moaned and moved to his side of the bed.

I stood before him, watching his strong fingers hammer at the keyboard of his laptop.

"Please just sit and relax," I pleaded.

There was a pause, while he looked up at me, debating in his mind whether to argue.

"Okay," He relented to my begging and only laughed when I snatched away his laptop and replaced it with a delicious sandwich on his lap.

I hid away the laptop under some clothes in a far corner of our room, hoping he doesn't try to find it for at least the rest of today.

"Thank you," He moved over a little and patted a place in the bed where I quickly slipped next to him.

"I know you're worried for your mum, Jack, but you have to look after yourself," I rubbed his tense, stiff shoulders.

The duvet was up around his bare pecks and I wondered curiously what how naked he was.

"I'm sorry," He said quietly.

I inspected his perfect face. In every way, it was to perfect proportion and toning. His cheekbones were strong and defined and his eyes were soft and loving. A light stubble had developed around his jaw line, cheeks and upper lip, that was generally tamed with an early morning shave daily. But lately he had left grooming to focus on his mother. His hair, though a little oily, was still in a lightly curly, straggly quiff.

I started to remember how his lips felt soft and warm and tasted homely and safe.

"It's okay, baby, I just worry sometimes because I want you to be happy," I whispered close to his ear, still rubbing and smoothing his shoulders and back.

With my mouth I kissed down his ears and neck. Jack bit his lip in the single most attractive way in history and I felt myself lurch up to make full intimate eye contact.

Fuck.

Slowly I started to lean in a little and both our lips sealed the gap between us. And for the first time I had kissed Jack and my thoughts did not go to Finn or how much I would regret this kiss.

My mind stayed quiet focusing on how much Jack's tongue tasted of sweet jam from the sandwich that was now half eaten on his bed side table and his scent smelled of spicy, masculine cologne.

Authors note:

WHATTTTTT!??!

Jack and Liv finally hooked up with 100% no regrets?!

What do you think?

COMMENT AND VOTE!