Chapter 41

Please keep the comments coming in. I love every single one of them. IzzyShelley, I'd like to thank you especially, your continuous support brightens my day. Your writing is brilliant and I completely recommend reading "The stars can be so blinding" which is a UnionJ and George Shelley FanFiction.

It was time to call mother. The next morning I would leave for London and it had been days since my mother abruptly hung up on our phone conversation.

I sat outside Finn's room in the hallway, alone with my phone. In my hands I played with my phone, stalling for a reason not to call her. I waited until I felt completely pathetic at the idea of me being scared of calling my mother.

The phone rang three times before I click sound was made and light breathing could be heard on the end of the phone.

"Hello Mother," I spoke hopefully. I just needed her back, without her contempt and the ominous and inevitable click, signifying another abrupt end to a call.

"Liv," She was toneless, it sounded tiring to talk to me.

"I just was going to call to say I'm leaving Ibiza tomorrow," I tried to fill the conversation with updates in my life, keeping it from swerving in to the explosive subject of Finn and me.

"I know," Again, her voice was blank and bored. It was painful to listen to the lag in the conversation while we both waited for the other to speak.

She spoke again, "I hope you enjoy seeing your father" The first relatively nice thing I've heard her direct at me in days. Her words sounded slightly nurturing as she spoke and I felt like the coldness she had pushed on me, melted away a little.

"Oh, I will I'm sure" I was surprised. Loving excitement gently spilling from my words. I needed to end the conversation on this ginormous high.

"I'll talk to you later, I guess"

She interrupted my goodbye,

"Liv, how's you're holiday been?" I didn't answer suddenly because she had more to say.

"How's" she paused, I knew exactly what she was trying to force out. But, like me, she didn't want to destroy this fragile peace. So she started close up, hid away the loving side I got a glimpse of.

"Okay Liv, I'm very busy, I'll talk to you later" She was blunt.

"Wait," Inwardly, I screamed at myself for what I was about to do. I held my tongue, begging myself not to speak.

"Yes, Liv" She questioned.

"I don't understand Mother, what's so wrong about me dating Finn?" I pleaded slightly. I needed to know desperately what was going on.

"Mother," she hadn't spoken so I urged her on.

"Goodbye Liv, I'm very very busy,"

I didn't get to say goodbye, not properly, because there was that, now familiar, click and the phone call was over. Mother didn't answer my question either, and maybe that was for the best. The turmoil that would have come from her answering would surely destroy what fragile communication we had left.