Chapter 31

I had been sitting on the edge of my bed in a wet towel for an hour. My hair was newly clean and had a glistening sheen of water. I had had a shower but as I had started to change into new clothes I had stopped and sat on the edge of the bed, to think.

After much to-ing and fro-ing I had come conclusions I was certain of:

I loved Finn but somewhere between the sex and drugs, the innocence and friendship was lost in our relationship.

It was time to get that back.

I left my room for the restaurant where everybody was meeting for breakfast.

I looked up to the clock above the door of the restaurant and saw an early number. But was surprised when I saw everyone piled lazily around a table of empty plates and coffee cups everywhere.

"Hey" I smiled and meet the eyes of everyone except for Jack who was pushing a small rash of bacon on to his fork.

Hung over.

They were no smiles, and instead I got tired lifeless scowls and big bags under everyone's blood stained eyes.

"Hi, Liv" Finn was the only one able to smile at me.

I wasn't offended by the not-so-warm welcome and kept an honest smile. I didn't say anything but from how much alcohol they drunk last night, they got every headache coming to them.

I had drank too, felt the tipsy rush and said stupid things, but I had known my limits. I wanted to walk out of that club, not be carried out in a stretcher.

I pulled up a chair from an empty neighbouring table. I sat close to Finn and accepted the hand held out to me. I wasn't hungry and when he offered me some of his nibbled toast I declined.

He was still smiling beautifully and honestly. A smile that wrote off all the doubts that I had had in our relationship.

Finn's hand pushed back the hair over the side of my face and his lips tickled my ear. I waited impatiently for hot kisses down my ear and neck but they never came.

"Liv" he whispered into my ear.

"I hooked up with this girl last night. All good?"

His voice was so nonchalant and cool. He expected my acceptance. His eyes roamed my eyes and his smile was still so honest and so beautiful.

How could I have been so stupid?

To expect a relationship out of Finn, the most beautiful man in the world. We had never been boyfriend-girlfriend. We had never been in a relationship.

Only friends. And before I could put up my perpetually erect walls of rationality, emotions flooded me.