Chapter 52

Rich (Liv's Dad POV)

Franky walked Liv up to her bedroom. I was frozen to my seat, stuck, silent. It had started so promising, Liv had sat and listened. She had been angry and confused but that was understandable.

When Franky started talking, that's when it got unmanageable. Her tone became sharp and nasty, once she undermined Liv so purposefully, I knew there was no way of pulling the conversation from a whirl pool of viscous manipulation.

Even from where I sat in the kitchen I could hear my ex-wife's nasty words in to my daughters innocent ears as they walked upstairs.

If she only knew, if only Liv could know how stuck we were.

Of course I want Liv to be with who she loved, live a normal life and marry when she felt the time was right. But see, that wasn't in the agreement.

THE AGREEMENT.

THE AGREEMENT.

THE AGREEMENT.

We had told Liv that she had to be with Jack and leave Finn but she didn't know why. She didn't know that Franky and I were caught in a terrible promise that would end in terrifying consequences if not fully cooperated with.

I shook my head a little as my mind wondered to a vivid image of the barrel of a gun digging into my temple with a well-built, black-suited hit man behind the gun.

I never wanted to be in that situation again. I never wanted to hear the heavy click of the gun being cocked to shoot.

"He'll pull the trigger, Rich, I say the word and he'll fucking do it" It was the twins mother, Rebecca threatening me from behind her hit man who was holding the gun to my forehead.

"Liv won't do it, even if we force her" Franky's spoke from beside me. If I looked left until my eyes hurt I could almost make her out. I didn't dear move me head.

"That's not the answer I wanted, Franky" Rebecca said in a sickly sweet tone and then tutted three times before making a swift hand signal to Franky. The gunman's aim moved to Franky's mouth.

"Yes" I pleaded quickly, " that's our problem not yours, well make it happen Rebecca"

Rebecca smiled and paused only a moment before disarming the hit man and walking off.

"I'll be seeing you two soon" Rebecca toke the door to the giant metal warehouse and slammed it. The lights went out.

Franky gasped and cried into my chest. Her breath heaved heavily for oxygen.

That was 8 years ago, that the blackmail started.

We would never tell Liv the truth of why we were forcing this relationship. She was stressed already and the threat of her parents deaths would surely tip her over the edge. Liv needed someone to blame, a bad guy in this debacle and that person could not be her husbands parents.

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!!