Chapter 47

"Good morning, Livy" my Dad was knocking gently at the locked entrance to my room, but not attempting to enter.

"There's someone here to see you, Liv" my Dad spoke happily through the door.

"He's waiting downstairs"

I heard loud steps down stairs and my Dad had left. I was barely awake as I dressed in a state of rushed havoc.

Finn's here.

I pulled on a pair of grey baggy tracksuit pants that had a thick fleece layer on the inside. It was warm and comfy and fought the desperately cold outsides of my bed. With a lacy white translucent bra on underneath, I wore a thin singlet. The outline of my nipple and breast was more than obvious, there was little point in wearing a shirt. Over top a cardigan that I would pull over my revealed breasts when my father was about. I wanted to excite Finn.

I had missed him last night, with no one next me. His warm breath on my neck, his strong cuddles and his intoxicating perfume.

I ran downstairs and I saw him talking awkwardly with my father at the kitchen bench. His eyes locked with mine and he smiled happily but a little oddly. I could tell Finn found the whole situation uncomfortable and understandably. My father was watching us both with an intensity that could almost burn.

Something was off about him though.

"Hey" I called opening my arms into a hug that he returned after a surprised pause. Everything felt a little off at the moment. He wasn't lowering his hands down to my waist or nuzzling in to my neck. I was still holding the hug when my father spoke up.

"You act like you haven't seen the man in weeks, Liv," He laughed

"I'm going to work and I'll see you tonight," Dad left quickly.

I let go of the long hug.

"Liv?" Finn questioned. But it wasn't Finn.

It was Jack.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

It had been years since I had muddled the two of them. My fine-tuned skills had been honed when Jack and Finn would confuse and tease me with their similarities. But I had blundered. And now Jack stood in front of me, looking down at my chest.

"Are you okay, Liv?" He looked up quizzically for a moment from my breasts.

"Yeah, I mean, definitely" I smiled happily. Jack was here, talking to me. He was smiling and not angry. And this made me very happy. I was only a little disappointed that I wasn't waking up to Finn.

"So," Jack had gotten over my revealed chest and was looking around the room for a noise that would break the silence.

"Do you want to do something?"

"Yeah, actually I have a surprise for you," I got excited by the conversation that had formed. My present I had bought for him in the Ibizan airport as a quick gift was still un-given.

"You do?" He smiled a little.

"It's in my room," we hurried up the stairs and I made him wait while I found my present in my bag and held in my hand. The knife and it's leather pocket were small enough to be cupped in my two hands. Jack looked at my two hands, hiding the gift.

"I didn't wrap it, but, yeah," I opened my hands and he held it and took the knife from its case and pretend to have a sword fight while I laughed at him.

"Thanks Livy," His voice was quiet and he hugged me for a long time.

"Your welcome," I said as our hug departed.

"thanks for talking to me again," I said laughing, but he wasn't joining he'd gone quiet.

"Yeah," was his only response. Jack's tone was dismissive and I ignored his obvious desire to change the subject.

"I missed you," my voice was so desperate and truthful.

"Stop it, Liv." He demanded with a sharp angry tone.

"I'm sorry,"

There was a pause and Jack held his head while he looked down at the ground.

I was sorry. I wish I hadn't brought this up, and this feeling heightened when croaked his response.

"You should be with me,"

I sighed and my eyes interlocked with his. His eyes were glazed with wet tears.

"That's what I keep hearing, Jack," I smile but I'm not happy. I'm desperately sad because I know I'll never be able to manage 'just friends' with Jack.

"What do you keep hearing?" Jack seemed intrigued.

"That Finns bad for me, and your good," I confessed.

"From your parents?" He questioned knowingly. He seemed to know what was going on and I was surprised.

"Yeah?"

"It would just be so much easier if you would love me back," he whispered so quietly that I could barely here this tiny last dig.

"I'm with Finn," I said shortly. How could he not see how unimaginably hard this was for me.

"Dump him," he said matter-of-factly. As if that was the only option, his mind was clouded with love and couldn't see the consequences of

"I love him, Jack," I pleaded for him
to understand my situation. My love for Finn.

Then I started to think about his answer and question his cryptic and secretive wording:

"what do you mean 'so much easier'?"

He dismissed my answer with a shrug, "Ask your parents, Liv,"

"No, Jack, I'm fucking sick of the mysterious bull shit," Jack was leaving my room and walking down the stairs as I spoke angrily.

"Tell me," I commanded sternly down the stairs. He had stopped walking away and was standing at the bottom of the stairs and I was standing on the second floor looking down into his eyes.

"I'm going home, Liv," he was at the door leaving when I started to beg.

"Jack, wait," I was running down the stairs to him, "please," when I reached him I continued to plead. "just wait, please,"

Jack leaving would kill me, dead. Selfishly, I needed his love and comfort. Him arguing with me and hating me was better than him leaving. Him leaving would mean I couldn't be close to him, I would be isolated away from the only person I really needed right now.

He turned and smiled sadly.

For the second time I kissed Jackson Harries. I leaned in. I put my lips on his unsuspecting ones. It was me and I wanted to do it. It was my fault when I deepened into his mouth forcing his back against the door, he had try to leave from moments ago. I had not thought of my irrevocable love for Finn as I dragged my hands up his torso to his face to his hair.

I let go and he was staring intensely at me, at my lips, at my eyes, at my hair.

I wondered how many times I could tell Jack that kissing him was just a mistake with out completely breaking him.

Did you like this chapter? I hope you did. Give me feedback please, it makes me feel absolutely ecstatic when I read your comments. Tell me whether I should try a different POV or if you have ideas for the storyline. ANYTHING!