Chapter 38: The Start.

-Back at camp-

 *Gabe's POV*

This is so awkward now, she doesn't know if she likes me or not, and it's all thanks to prick ass Eric. I was deep in my own thoughts when we reached camp again, and it seemed the only ones who were still in playfull party mode was Alex and Cameo, go figure. 

"I think I'm going to go to sleep now." I commented to no one specifically. Alex turned with his arms firmly wrapped around Jack still passed out. 

"Night!" I looked over and Lauren looked like she was in the same boat I was in, maybe we should be the ones bunking it up together in a tent. Zach was sitting, super far from Lauren, his eyes lost in something. On the brightside, I wasn't the only one who had an awful time at the beach. I thought selfishly. Hannah was leaning on a tree nearbye when everyone dispersed, making me jump when I turned to get in my tent. 

"Are you really going to go to sleep? Or are you going to get in the tent, lay there, mopeing about how the talk and tonight itself wasn't what you wanted? Because if you are, you should have some companey." She crossed her arms over her chest and lightly pushed herself from the tree. "Don't go to sleep yet, just talk to me some more." It was demand if nothing else.

"I can't tonight Hannah. To be honest, I couldn't tell you what I'm going to do when I get in that tent. I could really sleep, like my body is begging me to do, or I could lay there all night and think about tonight, or you, or really anything at all. Maybe, i'll sleep and just relive tonight, who knows, but right now, I don't want to be around you." She was staring at the ground now, stoney faced. "Goodnight." I turned and went away from her to ask Lauren if I could bunk with her.

..........//.........//..........

*Lauren's POV*

Really Zach?! You kiss me after telling me you have no feelings for me? What the hell is that about?! I just poured how I felt about you, TO you, and you shoot me down, but then kiss me when you feel pity? Or maybe you want me to think you're done with me? God I'm so confused. I sighed outwardly.

"I know that feeling." 

I looked up and Gabe was here, looking at me from across the fire. "Know about what?" 

"How you feel exasperated right now, crazily thinking about the one person you really like not wanting you or just MAYBE actually wanting you. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass." He shoved his hands in his pockets and started strolling around the fire over to me. "So Zach's talk wasn't any good?" 

I narrowed my eyes, not sure if this was some game or if he really cared. I didn't know Gabe, why was he opening up to me? "Nope." I popped the "P" and he nodded. 

"Yup, Hannah did the same to me." He leaned against the picnic table next to me and we looked at each other.

"What's going on between you two?" I asked finally.

He mustered up a small smile and shook his head at himself. "I like her, that's about where we stand right now. But I kissed her a few days back and that seemed to complicate things.. More for me than for her." He shuffled from foot to foot.

"Zach and I dated, unofficially for awhile in the past, when we met I was a shy, weird, unoutgoing for the most part, Christian girl. But after hanging out with Cameo, you can imagine that changed." I smiled at the old fun times I used to have with Cameo and her random groups of friends that always seemed to make me feel welcomed. "I branched out little by little then. But hen she started talking to Alex more, I came around more too and Zach and I just seemed to gravitate towards one another. I liked him, hell, I still do like him... A lot." I sighed embarrasingly and swept all my long hair to one of my shoulders. "But we started slow, and then we seemed to pick up the pace on everything we did, for the reason, I can't remember. Then we had sex.. It just went all downhill after that."