Chapter 69: Happy Birthday Cameo!

*Alex's POV*

I watched Cameo's face intently to gauge her reaction at the sound of Rian and Cassadee making there way out here to our new place in Baltimore, even with the little ones. She looked, shocked to say the least.

"Cam?" I took her cold hand in mine and led her outside on the back porch, where the shade was a nice combination with the summer heat. "Are you okay?" I turned to face her, and her eyes were watering up at me.

"What's going on? Did something bad happen?" She sniffled and my eyes bulged wide.

"No! Why do you think something crazy like that?" I pulled her into a soft hug and rested my lips on the top of her head.

"Because everyone's coming here.. And- and it's just been so long I thought..-"

I sighed and fluttered kisses down her forehead and the side of her face, pulling around and planting a softer kiss on her damp lips. "Please don't cry on your birthday. Everyone's here because I asked them here for a special surprise." I smiled encouragingly and wiped her tears away with my thumb. It's crazy, how much she can still effect me after all these years.. That's why I know all this is right.

......//..........//........

*Cameo's POV*

"Lex?" I batted the tears away from my lashes and dabbed the bottom of my eyes dry as he stood straight and looked down at me with all the adoration in the world showing through his brown eyes.

"Yeah?"

"What's the surprise?" My curiosity got the best of me after the close ca was over. I blame the pregnancy hormones...

He chuckled and led me back in the house, repeating how ill just have to wait and see. Inside, Zach was looking around the house, and when I noticed he had bags with him.. I got nervous. We don't have room for sleepovers! I gulped and hoped we were leaving the house, not just letting everyone stay here.

......//.......//......

*Hannah's POV*

"Jack lets go!" I groaned, leaning against the car dramatically while goofy ass decided to try and talk his way into getting free gas from the lady behind the register. "You lost the bet, you fill up my tank!" I shouted and yet he continued to ignore me.

He better hurry if we're going make it for Cameo's birthday today.. I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. Jack and I had been on the road for awhile now, and of course I had to be the responsible one who had to pick HIM up because he was visiting a "girlfriend" that he was, "trying to keep top secret from the media" psh, yeah right.

Eventually he came out from the gas station, a smirk on his face as he stood tall in front of me.

"She said no huh?" I commented.

His stance crumbled and his smirk turned down into a pout. "Shut it." I giggled and rubbed it in his face that I was right some more.. Since I've never been often, and instructed him to completely fill my tank. He complied, and we were back on our way.

"She's going to freak ya know." Jack commented as he climbed in the backseat, and I slid in the drivers side next to Gabe. I smiled and looked at Jack in the review.

"That's what I'm hoping for."

......//........//......

*Tracie Shafer's (Cameos mom) POV*