Chapter 68: Last Babyless Trip.

*Cameo's POV*

I felt like a fat worm having to wiggle around to get up and going everywhere. I was playing the role of a turtle right now, laying on my back and licking my delicious fattening plate of cake while Alex creepily watched me.

Thinking I suppose.. I thought too soon, because he came and sat next to me and started flipping through the TV channels. Or not? I tossed the plate to the side and rolled over to face theTV with him. My swollen fingers tangled through his hair and relaxed me as he settled on the British version of America's, Jerry Springer. Alex and I always liked laughing at those people that appear, and even when it was a rerun, like this one, it made no difference.

While we were watching, I could feel my mind drifting around and I started thinking about when Alex and I told our families about the pregnancy. It was another tough time for the both of us, because it went from a shocked, yet happy surprise, into an apparent disaster.

*Flashback!*

After we'd found out we were pregnant, the time came to tell our families since Alex was leaving the next day, and it was either now, or we wait for months when I'm already showing, and I'd be tucked away in a corner somehwere in the apartment, waiting for him so I wasn't alone for the wrath of British mum Gaskarth.

"So.. you're calling first, right?" Alex was driving home, his face stern as he looked at the road ahead.

I whipped my head in his direction, my eyebrows wrinkled together in a, "you're fucking kidding right?" sort of way. He chuckled and yet I remember I could still feel the coating of tension over us. "My parents will take it better than yours, so i think YOU should go first." I turned back to look out the window and rested my grim mouth on the top of my head that was propped on the window sill. Will mine take it better than his? Sure, my mom had me and my younger brother when she wasn't married, but look where that got her.. Divorced. My Uncle had the same problem, and.. well, the rest of my family likes to gossip like it's a sport.

"Cameo? Cam?" I was brought from my thoughts to the present sound of Alex's voice next to me. "Are you OK?"

"Yeah.." I trailed off lazily. "I was just thinking about how they're going to react, ya know?" I blew out a gust of air that felt like it was weighing down my lungs like a weight was sitting on them. "It's nerve racking. I mean, you get to leave after you tell them, you can go out and enjoy the news with the guys and forget about if your parents give you negative energy, but I live here, and work here, so.. I don't have a choice but to deal with it and hear about it or face it everyday." I licked my lips and folded my hands in my lap nervously. Suddenly, the car felt too cold, and the sounds outside sounded too loud, and the tension between us was too thick. I felt like if we didn't pull over any minute I was going to burst. "Please, pull over." I choked out with shakey hands already reaching over to the door and unlocking it as quickly as I could.

Alex immediately pulled over and as soon as we did I got the door open and just let it all out, all the stress, and thoughts, and the fears, all came out together in a liquid shame on the grass outside. I finished and Alex was shoving napkins we'd harbored away in the glove box for me to wipe my mouth.

"Hey... Hey it'll be okay. Everything's going to be fine." He purred and unbuckled to crawl over and help me clean my face. I remember thinking, wow, he's dedicated. And then I thought about how much I love him and little things like this remind me everyday. "Is it the baby?" He whispered as he brushed the hair from my eyes and tried looking around on the backseat's floor for a water or other fluid to wash down my inner fears.

I shook my head feebily and he ended up handing me and finding me a water that was hot, but like I really cared. I gulped it down gradually and calmed down enough for him to be able to move back to the driver's seat again and head the rest of the way home.

When we got home Alex held true to his words, he called his mom, who didn't like the fact that we weren't engaged, or married, and his dad was fine with it, of course, because, as he put it.. "Cameo will be able to kick your ass in gear, congrats son!" Like that had anything to do with it. Next up, he called his Aunts, and Uncles.. eventually he finished and came in to me sleeping in the room. I guess the stress from earlier just took me over, and dragged me to bed.

*End Of Flashback!*

I blinked out of my deep flashback, and realized I'd actually fallen asleep, for who knows how long, since Alex wasn't in the room with me anymore, the lights in the house were off, and I had a blanket draped over me. I blinked rapidly to focus my vision and I propped myself up to see the kitchen had been cleaned and one slice of cake had been left out for me. I smiled and rolled like the fat worm I am, and waldeled over to the piece that was calling out to me on the kitchen's bar.

I sat in one of the tall chairs, breaking a small sweat as I did, and pulled the cake close to me. It was hard... Telling my mom about it. She wasn't psyched about my age still, or the fact that we weren't getting married. Believe me, I heard it loud and clear like a scratched CD every time she spoke.

The rest of the family wasn't thrilled, but it's not like they can do much since I'm of adult age. I mean, is it really that big of a deal, this age difference thing? Alex is only twenty six, and I'm finally twenty three.

I started eating away at my large slice of cake, when the doorbell rang. Oh God, what did Alex do now? I thought as I thudded of the stool and made my way to the door. Levi, nor Baz was barking, and so I knew for a fact Alex had taken the dogs somewhere. Maybe he forgot his key? I reached the door and peeked through the peep hole outside. My jaw dropped and I gasped in shock and joy.

"Zach?" I unlocked the door as quickly as I could swing it open and sure enough, saw big, beefy Zach leaning against the doorjamb. "Zach!"  leaped in joy and he let himself in and engulfed me in a good old bear hug.

"How're you?" He asked, feeling warm to the touch and making me feel safe. "Long time since I've actually gotten to come see the new place and hangout." He released me and I nodded in agreement, still smiling.

"What brings you here?" I felt weird being all formal around him, but, then again I haven't gotten to see him since the last tour I was on...

"Alex actually asked me to come over. Where is the baby daddy anyway?"

I shrugged and went to the fridge to rummage around and find Zach one of his favorites, an all natural protein shake. 100 percent disgusting, and just how he likes it. Something's just never seem to change. "I think he's walking the dogs. I was just napping."

"Did I wake you... Birthday girl?" His voice went mischievous and I turned to hand him his shake and smiled at his own. "Didn't think I remembered did you?" He took the shake proudly an started chugging it down.

"Didn't think it mattered." I shrugged ad leaned against the counter.

"What do you mean, you're family.. It'll always matter." He let the sweet moment pass. "Now, where's Rian?"

"Rian?"

At the sound of my voice, a knock on the door sounded in response. Zach took the lead and mimicked me earlier, looking through he peephole curiously, and then smiling at the sight of the person he was hoping to see. "Alex!" Not Rian?

Alex came in, dogs in tow, and gave Zach a brotherly hug before looking between the two of us, still grinning. "Surprise." He commented and came over to me, wrapping me in a loving hug and then turning to Zach again. "Where's Rian and Cass?"

Zach shrugged and I was more and more confused. Cassadee AND Rian were BOTH coming?

((I KNOW AND IM SO SORRY IT MIGHT BE LIKE IM DRAGGING THIS OUT BUT I PROMISE IM NOT TRYING TO! THE STORY WILL HAVE SOME MORE TIME SKIPS, & SOME SUMMERIZING, BUT I PROMISE THE END IS NEAR FOR YOU READERS WHO'VE STAYED SINCE THE FIRST CHAPTER. <33 THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! P.S--> I need you to do something for me.. Just think of Hannah, flashing her butt at you.. Anywhere, anyplace, because that's her request. Thanks Love's!!))