Chapter 50: Neapolitan.

*Alex's POV*

I woke up with the vibrating on my head from my phone, waking me for my trip to the airport. I ran and showered, a sudden adrenaline rush coursing through me when I remembered I was going to see Cameo today. After showering, I ran back into the room and threw on the clothes on the things I laid out yesterday and ran to the living room. I went to the garage to find Baz's crate and threw treats in there to get him to get in quietly. I wrote a note to my parents, telling them how I love them and how they did a lot for me and all my mushy love stuff.

"Alright Baz, time to come to your new home." I whispered to him as I opened the front door to the chilly night air. It was 2am here and I called a taxi to come get me at my address.

I piled in and it took forty- five minutes to get from the house to the airport. I paid and tipped the guy, feeling generous with my excitement to get home, and jumped out with my luggage, and Baz, in tow.

.....//.....//.....

*Cameo's POV*

"Are you sure you don't need me anymore?" Jack asked sternly as he blocked my front door. I rolled my eyes, trying to play off last nights events like it never happened. I wish it never happened..

"Yes Jackie, I'm fine, trust me."

"Cameo you were in the bathroom dry heaving. You were so upset, you were even talking in your sleep. I didn't image that." He placed his hands comfortingly on my shoulders and looked me in the eye.

"I know." I sighed. "It was bad, but I'm fine. It was a moment of weakness, plus a bad dream, it was nothing." I perked my eyebrows up at him, waiting for him to object like I knew he wanted to, but he didn't.

"If you insist.. But you'll call if you need anything, or me right? Because I'll always be here for you OK?" He dropped his hand to his sides and picked up his cases of things.

"I promise I'll call if I need you. But you really don't need to worry, I'm fine. We can pretend last night never happened."

"Maybe you can, but I can't. I know you don't want to tell me what you dreamt about, but you should tell someone."

"Like who? A professional?" I gawked as he opened the door and stepped out of the apartment.

He turned to me and shrugged. "If it'll help you sleep at night."

Jack went down the steps and to the taxi he called earlier and threw his things in the trunk. "Bye scout." He smiled down at me, the earlier conversation vanishing and making me smile with ease too.

"Bye Skunk." We embraced in an air squeezing hug and I pecked him on the cheek, thanking him silently for last night and saying goodbye to someone who I felt was true family to me now. "Love you."

"Love you too." He whispered back after a short silence and we untangled ourselves from one another. "I'll talk to you soon." He got in the cab and smiled at me, waving against the dirty finger print smudged window.

I waved back grinning and the cab drove off, taking my last night's sanity with him.

I trudged back upstairs, only to have to take Levi out again for a run. I changed and leashed him, we jogged around the coldasac and when we can back home I was sweating bullets and Levi was panting and immediately ran to drink down his water bowl. I went straight to the bathroom, started the shower, and dove in, washing the filth and grime off of me.