Chapter 25 - Life's too short.

HARMONY

Niall looked pretty weird after the incident he saw. of course it's weird when you see your ex girlfriend kissing someone else when you know she stays under the same roof as you do. right?

"where are the others?" i asked Niall, throwing myself on the couch.

"they're still having dinner." He answered in such a flat voice.

"oh." i said as i turn the television on, flipping the channel because there's just nothing good on TV. it's just news, and some drama that i didn't like. the air conditioner is on like 24/7 in this penthouse so it's pretty cold inside. so i just hugged myself up.

i heard footsteps from the kitchen that walked closer to me, and then i see a cup of tea in front of me that's being hold by Niall.

"tea?"

Niall asked. i nodded and grabbed it from his hand. he always knew when i was cold and he always brought me a hot tea just to warm me. he used to crawl beside me when i was cold and then hugged me until i was warm, sometimes he's not letting go until morning though.

ah, forget it.

"thank you, Ni." i smiled at him. he nodded slightly, taking a sip of his tea. it's the longest we've been without arguing. maybe things started to change a little bit. Niall sat beside me and then i scoot further so i won't be too close to him.

"so, Edward huh." Niall said. i looked at him pressing my lips and raised my eyebrows, nodding at him. i put the tea on the coffee table in front of me and sighed.

"are you two dating?"

"not yet." i said. Niall chuckled.

"so you want to date him?" he asked.

"what is it that bothers you so much?" i asked looking straight at him.

"nothing, just curious."

Niall remained silent. we didn't talk for few minutes. the tv is playing Just Go With It movie and we really paid attention a lot to it. Niall starting to feel a little bit cold because i could see him shivering and his legs are already folded up to his chest so i knew he was cold. i put my blanket a little bit to cover him, and then he pulled a little more.

"good?" i asked. he nodded slightly.

we continued watching the movie again and there's a part where we both cracked up. it was a really funny movie. then Niall looked at me. and i looked at him.

"why are you looking at me?" i asked.

god, i'm dumb.

Niall didn't answer. he turned his head back to watch the tv. the others haven't went home yet. so it's just the two of us in here. Zayn and Abigail went out for dinner too. i don't know why this situation is getting awkward.

"hey can i ask you a question?" Niall asked.

"sure." i said still looking to the tv.

"do you still, have feelings for me?"

i turned my head facing Niall. and he kind of starring at me.

what should i answer? i don't know if i still have feelings for him. we barely spent time with each other and this, this situation is making me more confused.

i do like Edward and i want to be with him. but there's a part of me that doesn't even want to let Niall go from my life. i don't know if he's the one, or not.

"no." i said looking at him. lying like a coward.

"well good.. because i have something to tell you."