chapter two

Saturday 3:24 p.m.

They arrive at the Dolan's house.

To: Grayson

Me: I'm outside

Elizabeth closes her door. Camilla closes her door as well. Suddenly, Grayson hops out from his front door.

"Hey, Lizz!", he screams. Elizabeth runs up to him and jumps into his arms, wrapping her legs around him.

Ethan hops out and as Camilla is getting her things from the back seat. He runs up from behind her and turns her around to kiss. The kiss took her by surprise, but she didn't hesitate to kiss him back.

Elizabeth hops off of Grayson and they both turn to Ethan and Camilla.

Elizabeth tugs Grayson's arm, leading him back to the house.

Elizabeth goes straight to the back yard. She looks around and sees a photo booth in the corner and watches faces she recognizes, but can't put a name to.

"Who are these people?", Elizabeth asked as Grayson took her to the photo booth.

"I don't know, some nerds that needed popularity points so I said that they had to set up and clean up.", Grayson said as he sits on an empty seat in front of the camera.

"But you're mom sent out a email saying that it won't be a party-party.", Elizabeth said.

"What do you mean?"

"She uninvited everyone, Camilla and I."

Elizabeth sits beside him.

"What are you doing?", Grayson says as he stares at Elizabeth blankly.

"Sitting he-"

"No, princess, your sitting on my lap.", Grayson said as he pulls and lifts Elizabeth on him.

"K ready?", Grayson says.

Elizabeth nods and watches him set up the timer.

Photo #1

Elizabeth makes a silly face while Grayson acts surprise.

Photo #2

They look at each other, face to face, smiling.

Photo #3

Elizabeth is laughing and Grayson stares at her, smiling.

Photo #4

They look at each other, face to face, but not smiling.

Photo #5

Grayson kisses Elizabeth.

They back away from the kiss and Grayson says, "Be my girlfriend."

"What?", Elizabeth said, blushing.

"Will you be my girlfriend?", Grayson said.

Elizabeth wrapped her arms around Grayson's neck and kisses him.

"I'll take that as a yes.", Grayson said, with a smile.

Elizabeth hopped off of him and went outside from the photo booth. Grayson followed her. He grabbed her hand as they walked out.

Camilla was holding Ethan's hand.

Elizabeth runs up to Camilla and says, "Camilla, maybe we should get ready now."

Camilla nods and says, "Gray!"

Grayson comes up to her, "Whats up?"

"We're going to go get ready, but in your room.", Camilla says as she turns to face him.

Grayson nods and Ethan lets go of her hand and says, "Meet me in the photo booth when your done."

Camilla nods and then Elizabeth takes Camilla to her car to grab her things.

"What's up?", Camilla says.

"Grayson asked me out.", Elizabeth says as she gets a hold of her things.

Camilla's jaw dropped and Elizabeth says, "I KNOW!"

"Well, you said no right?", Camilla says as she helps Elizabeth with a bag and walks back inside.

"No," Elizabeth says as she walks past the living into Grayson's room, "I said yeah."

"Dude," Camilla says let down Elizabeth's things on Grayson's bed and sits on an empty chair while Elizabeth looks for her makeup bag, "Alex is going to kill him and me."

"Why would he kill you?", Elizabeth asks.

"Because he wanted to take you to prom, I was supposed to keep you single.", Camilla says.

Elizabeth turns to her, "I'll text him right now. Go get your things."

Camilla nods and walks out.

Elizabeth take out her phone.

To: Alex

Me: hey so I wanna talk to you about something

Alex: whats up?

Me: we arent anything right? Like we arent a thing

Alex: I thought we were

Me: im not single anymore tho and I thought what we had was temporary

Alex: Lizz wtf, no I love you!

Me: alex, dont say that because you hooked up with Lindsey last week
Me: you dont sleep with other people if your in love

Alex: you know what screw you

Elizabeth smiles and throws her phone on the bed. Camilla walks in.

"Okay, it's about to be 4, we should get ready.", Elizabeth said.