chapter thirty-eight (continuation)

The twins were up.

As soon as they passed her casket, Grayson stared at it. Ethan waits for him at the podium.

Grayson begins to cry. Ethan gets off the podium and hugs Grayson.

"That's okay, honey, you don't have to speak. We know you love her.", Mrs. Johnson said as she crawled up to the podium. "And now for burial."

"Wait!", Elizabeth got up. "We brought gifts."

"Go ahead."

Elizabeth got up and left Prada PR 09QS sunglasses and said, "Rest in Prada."

Camilla came up and left a crown, "Rest in Power."

Kian came up and said, "This is a promise ring that I bought the night before the incident. I was going to give it to her... um... at the bowling alley, but I never got the chance to. So, Zendaya, I give you this promise ring to promise that we will be together... someday... in a better place when it's my time.", he sets the ring down by the crown.

"Rest in Sheik.", Veronica said as she left Louis Vuitton black heels.

"Rest in Beauty, Zen.", Chris said as he left a large photo of herself.

Grayson got up and said, "Rest in Peace because now... your mother won't have to worry about money." He turned to Mrs. Johnson and gave her a check.

Her mother hugged him and Ethan tightly.

She began shedding tears of joy instead of sadness.

---
In N Out 4:53 p.m.
---

It was empty and rented out for the night.

"This was her favorite restaurant?", Veronica asked.

"Yeah, we would come every Friday after school.", Chris added.

They went up to the counter and ordered.

Came back and sat in their table, they connected two tables. Kian was on the end sitting across from Elizabeth, who sat next to Grayson. Grayson sat across from Chris and Chris sat next to Veronica and Veronica sat across from Camilla. Camilla was sitting to Ethan.

Kian was quiet the whole time. He put his head in arms.

"Kian... it's okay not to be okay.", Elizabeth said.

"I should have took her when I got the chance.", Kian said, resting his chin on his arms.

"She really liked you, but you always had hookups on your arms and-"

"I knew it!", Kian shouted and got up. "I knew you guys would pin this on me!"

"Woah!", Ethan said as he stepped up too.

"I knew it!", Kian yelled as he threw his chair back and walked out of the door.

"This is what he needs.", Grayson said, "He needs a minute to calm down."

Ethan sat back down.

"I'm jealous...", Camilla said.

Everyone looked at Camilla.

"I'm jealous that she's in a better place and I still can't with her.", she said beginning to tear up. She got up slowly and walked away.

"Cam, come back-"

"I think I need to be alone.", she said as she walked into the bathroom. A moment of silence went by. She stuck her head out and said, "GIRLS!", as if she expected them to come in with her.

"Okay, I'll be back.", Elizabeth said. She kissed Grayson and walked away.

Veronica got up and walked away too.

"I like her.", Ethan said.

"Who?", Grayson asked.

"Veronica. She's nice. You know, most girls would leave as soon as that kid came through the door, but she didn't.", Ethan said, looking up at Chris.

"She could have said that it was too much and-"

"Left me.", Chris said, interrupting Grayson. Chris blushed and looked down. "I'm going to make her mine.", Chris said, looking at Grayson and Ethan.

"How?", Grayson asked.

Veronica walked out with the girls.

"We'll talk about it later, she's coming.", he whispers.

"Food is ready!", the cashier said.