chapter forty-seven

7:30 p.m. Elizabeth's room

It had been 1 hour since she's checked her phone. She knows it was flooded with messages. She changed her top, put a bra on as she grabbed an flannel and buttoned it up. Elizabeth took her phone began to scan through it.

Grayson sent you 17 messages!
17 missed calls from Grayson, call back now
Camilla sent you 4 messages!
2 missed calls from Chris, call back now
Kian sent you a message!
Travis sent you a message!
3 missed calls from Travis, call back now

Elizabeth looked surprised and confused. She clicked on Kian's notification.

Kian: hey... I know I havent been around but I miss you and Zendaya.

Me: Kian why did you storm out? It was true!

Kian: I know but I didnt want to believe it. I should have and im sorry

Me: whats up?

Kian: I wanna visit her tomorrow morning
Kian: come with me?

Me: id love to

Kian: cool pick you up at 12!

Me: later , kian

Kian: :)

Elizabeth took her time to take out her head phones. And zoned out.

She got a knock on the door.

She got up and opened it. It was her mom. She smiled and her mom said, "Grayson's here."

Her mom walked away and Elizabeth followed. Grayson was downstairs with roses and a promise ring.

"I am obsessed with the idea to get married to you and annoy you for the rest of my life, so take this for now and I promise we'll be engaged within 2 years.", he said as he stooped down and got on one knee.

"Lizz!"

Elizabeth awoke from her daydream and found herself back in room.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath in.

She opened her eyes and the door.

"Yeah?!", she yelled.

"I'm going to Mrs. Johnson's house for the night! Invite your friends over, but only the ones I know!", her mom yelled back.

Elizabeth shut her door and checked her phone and sat down.

She got a new notification.

Mom sent you a message!

She clicked on it.

Mom: love you kid

Me: love you too

She smiled and clicked on her other notifications.

Mom: [sent]
love you too
Camilla: [received]
Dude call me later your mom...
Travis: [received]
Wanna meet up tomorrow...
Grayson: [received]
Baby please! Answer me I mi...
Veronica: [sent]
lol fr?
Ethan: [received]
Bro tell me you're coming back...

She clicked on Travis' conversation.

Travis: Wanna meet up tomorrow at the library? I need a study buddy and you're really good at trig

Me: what time?

Travis: 8?

Me: ok

Travis: see ya at 8

She heard a knock on the front door.

She stood up and walked downstairs.

"Mom?", she called, too frightened to open the door, alone.

She ran inside the kitchen and waited there till she heard another knock.

She walked slowly to her door and check the peep hole and it was being covered.

She began to walk backwards, away from the door. They knocked again and she jumped. She walked forward to the door and opened it. She saw Ethan. She let out a sigh of relief.

"I am so sorry, but I was freaking and way too scared to open the door.", she said as he walked in.

"I'm sorry, but I texted you like right before I knocked for the second time?", he said, in a confused tone.

"I left my phone upstairs.", she said as she walked into the kitchen. "Come in here."

He followed.

She opened the fridge. And took out two cans of Sprite and handed him one.

"So what brings you to the Casa De Bryant?", she asked him, right before laughing and opening her soda.

He opened his soda and took a sip, then said, "Well, I want you to put this on." He takes out a blindfold.

"What? W-"

"No questions asked.", he said.

She let out a sigh and stood in front of him and let him tie it.

He walked her out into the living room and asked, "Do you want me to get your phone for you?"

"Please?", she said as she moved her arms out trying to feel around, but touches nothing. "It's upstairs, on my bed."

He ran upstairs.

Elizabeth tried to walk forward and tried to feel around, but couldn't.

He ran back downstairs.

"Hey, hey, hey! No cheating.", he said as he took her right arm and gave her her phone.

She held onto his arm tightly and said, "Oh please. We couldn't have gone that far, I know we're still in my house."

They both laughed and he opened her front door and let her out. He led her to his car. And they drove off.