chapter twelve

"So... we don't have to leave?", Camilla asked as she leaned on Ethan.

Elizabeth looked pass Grayson as Grayson turned to her and she shook her head.

Camilla and Ethan went back in Ethan's room.

"I think I'm gonna go home, though.", Elizabeth said as she walked away from Grayson.

"No, wait, why?", Grayson asked.

Elizabeth turned back around and said, "Look, Grayson, it hasn't even been a full 24 hours that we've been together and we got into a 4 against 6 fist fight, I had to go to the hospital, we got into our first argument- I mean..."

"I know that we aren't the most functional relationship, but it's our dysfunctional relationship.", Grayson insisted, "And I intend to keep this relationship." Elizabeth dropped her head down. "Come on, stay the night, we'll do all kinds of stuff, I mean I told Ethan to make a reservation at that Italian place you like-"

"Grayson-"

"I know, I know 'that's not the point'", he said in a mocking voice.

Elizabeth scowled at him. Then, she smiled.

Grayson smiled too. He leaned in and she backed away. He grunted.

"I never gave you your present.", Elizabeth said as she walked into his room.

He smiles and follows. She pulls out a huge box that was wrapped in silver wrapping paper with a gold bow.

He smiled and Elizabeth handed the box to him. He held it for a minute before opening it.

"Open it.", Elizabeth begged.

He unwrapped it and found a smaller wrapped box inside. He laughed and pulled it out.

"Spoiler alert: there's like at least 4 other boxes in there.", Elizabeth said, laughing.

He hurried to the last, and opened it.

"Oh my gosh!", he yelled.

Camilla and Ethan rushed into the room.

"What's wrong?"

He pulled out car keys to a new Range Rover.

Ethan's jaw dropped.

"I know!", Grayson said as he jumped up and down with joy.

He jumps to Elizabeth and hugs her tightly. When he her go, he gives her a kiss.

"Okay, okay," Camilla says, Grayson and Elizabeth back away from their kiss and look at Camilla, "now for my present."