chapter five

Ethan's phone
To: Camilla

Me: Almost done?

"Are we almost done? My boyfriend is getting crabby.", Camilla said as Mrs Dolan was touching up her dress.

"Yes, yes." Mrs Dolan said, "Just let me curl this last strand of hair for Elizabeth and you guys can go out. The guests should be coming anyway."

Elizabeth's hair was in loose curls, while Camilla's hair was in a nice, tight bow bun.

Mrs Dolan walked out of the room and grabbed her hired photographer and said, "Okay my beautiful children, please welcome Elizabeth and Camilla."

Camilla walked out first, with sparkly silver pumps. Ethan's jaw dropped and Mrs Dolan's photographer started taking pictures.

Elizabeth walked down next with black Louis Vuitton heels and photographer moves his camera towards her.

Grayson gasps. "Oh my gosh...", he say, breathlessly.

Ethan jumps up and takes Camilla by the hand and goes down on one knee.

"What?", Camilla hesitates.

"I'm not asking you to marry me, so don't even think about it.", Ethan says.

"Okay, then what are you doing?"

"Giving you this promise ring.", Ethan says as he shows her the promise ring. "I've known you since we were 6 years old. I give you this promise ring to apologize for the last time we went out. I used you. I will forever regret that."

Camilla begins to tear up, "Ethan, there was never a time when I never thought of you as a 'boyfriend', like when we were little we used to play house and we used to be the mom and dad and Gray and Lizz were our neighbors. Whether you give me this promise ring or not, I will forever promise you I will never leave your side."

Ethan places the ring on her left hand ring finger. He gets up and kisses her.

They all applauded for them.

"Alright now, I need to get ready, I will be back as soon as the guests get here and please, go out and enjoy the food.", Mrs. Dolan says.

She disappears within the halls and the rest of them go out back.

Camilla proudly wears her promise ring and Ethan proudly held her hand.

"I'm going to go get a drink.", Elizabeth says, leaving Grayson's side.

Grayson follows.

"You're not mad are you?", Grayson asked.

They arrive at the table where the food was served.

"No.", Elizabeth says with her back turned to Grayson, she says it blankly with no emotion.

"Lizz," Grayson says as he turns her around, "you are literally everything to me."

"No, Grayson, I'm not.", Elizabeth says as she turns her back to him again.

"What do you mean your not? I've been drooling over you for years-"

"I meant about being mad.", Elizabeth says, then chuckles.

"Good, now please let's go welcome our guests.", Grayson says as he points to the group of people in formal dresses and suits walk in from the entrance.