chapter forty-eight

He leads Elizabeth into his room.

He takes her blindfold off.

"What am I doing in your room? Without Camilla present...?"

"Look, I know you don't want to talk about this, but Grayson is a wreck-"

"Ethan!", Elizabeth said as she begin to tear up. "Grayson should not be the most talked about topic-"

"Lizz, listen to me!"

"Do you know how hard it is to look at you and not think of Grayson?", she asked as she began to pace back and forth.

"Lizz, I get it, but-"

"No! Ethan, you don't get it! Because even after you screwed up, Camilla took you back and is now in the happiest relationship she has ever been in...", you sit down Ethan's bed and wipe all your tears away, "Why can't I forgive Grayson and not end up in tears after every fight?"

Ethan takes a deep breath.

He looks down and sits right beside her and puts his arm around her.

"Look, you're right, but I know how it feels to screw up.", Ethan adds.

"What?", she asked as she sniffles and looks up at Ethan.

"I know how Grayson feels, I felt like shit. But Camilla answered my calls. You won't answer his.", Ethan added.

"He called me a bitch. I'm not gonna jump into his arms every single time he says sorry. That's not the way it works-"

"I get that, but the least you could do is answer his calls-"

"You know what?! I'm done with this conversation! You wasted your time-"

"So did Grayson!", Ethan yells as Elizabeth storm out.

Camilla hops out of the closet as Elizabeth slams the door shut.

"Ethan!", Camilla yells.

Elizabeth runs out of his house and throws herself onto his front door after slamming it shut.

She cries silently.

She sniffles and wipes her tears and walks home.

Grayson climbs out of the closet.

"What the hell!? You just made shit worse!", Grayson yelled as he shoves Ethan.

They begin to push each other back and forth.

Chris runs in and breaks them up.

"Stop! There is no point for this.", Chris says as Grayson and Ethan finally calm down.

"I have to make things right.", Grayson said as he walked out and got into his car.

---
Elizabeth's house
---

Elizabeth came in and began wishing her mom was home.

Her phone began to ring.

She pulled it out and saw it was Grayson.

She took a deep breath in and answered.

E- "Hello?"

G- "Lizz! Don't hang up!"

E- "I won't."

Grayson began to breath heavier because he was relieved.

G- "Look, Lizz, I love you and I made the biggest mistake ever, I just..."

E- "It's fine. There was no point in calling, Grayson."

G- "Baby, please-"

E- "Please do not call me that."

G- "Lizz, stop, okay, look... what was the thing you told me to do right before you went inside my house and took your things?"

E- "To follow your heart."

Suddenly, the door bell rings. Elizabeth is frightened. She is feet away from the door.

She swings it open.

"Since we were little, following my heart leads me right here... on your doorstep.", Grayson says as he came in with roses.

She scoffs.

"Elizabeth, look at me.", he said as he grabbed on to her face. "I can't stay away from you too long."

"Grayson, stop, you've been fucked up since we got together!", Elizabeth says as she throws Grayson's hands away from her and tries walking away.

He pulled her back and said, "Please, just give me another chance!"

"Doesn't this sound a little too familiar?", Elizabeth asks. Grayson falls silent. "We do this after every fight, Grayson! Don't you ever get tired?"

Elizabeth takes a deep breath in. She walks over to the couch and sits on it.

He walks with her and sits beside her on her left.

She wipes tears from her face and looks down.

"I'm sorry, I've caused you pain... but I won't stop until you're mine.", Grayson said as he lifted up your face.

She closed her eyes, trying not to look at him. He let go, but she never moved. He grabbed her right hand with his places it on his neck. She opened her eyes and saw he was taking off his jacket.

She takes her hand away and say, "Grayson-"

"Come back.", he says as he brings her hand back to his neck. She bite her lip. He begins to get closer and kisses her neck. Elizabeth tries pushing him off, but he pulled legs up too quick.

He laid onto as he unbuttoned Elizabeth's top.

"Grayson-"

"Shh shh shh shh. Just let it happen.", he told her as he kissed every inch from her neck to a few centimetres away from her shorts.

He got up and pulled his shirt off and she saw his toned abs. He placed her hand on them.

She bit her lip again and he smiled. He leaned into kiss her. She grabbed his face and kissed him.

Author's note: You guys know where this is going...