chapter twenty-five

"Have you thought about college, Camilla?", Elizabeth asked as they sat at their table again.

"Yup.", Camilla responded.

"Where do you want to go?",  Veronica asked as she set her bag on the table and sat beside Camilla and across Elizabeth.

"Santa Barbara.", Camilla said as she began digging through her bag.

"Why?", Elizabeth asked.

Camilla took out her phone and said, "Have you not seen their parties? I mean wow."

Elizabeth laughed and said, "Partying is not gonna pay for bills, Camilla."

"Yeah, what do you want to major in?", Veronica asked.

"I want to be a nurse.", Camilla responded.

Veronica smiled and asked, "So, partying and saving lives go well together? Since when?"

"Since me, okay?", Camilla replied.

They all laughed. Camilla asked, "What time did Mrs. Hallow want us in her office?"

"She didn't say.", Veronica said. "I think she said to come back when we have questions."

"Yeah, should we go back?", Elizabeth asked.

Camilla nodded and they all gathered their things and headed to Mrs. Hallow's office.

She was standing in her office with security guards.

Elizabeth knocked and slowly said, "...we took Veronica to all her classes."

"Ladies," Mrs. Hallow said as she got up from her desk and approached the girls, "who were the two boys that Elizabeth teared apart?"

"What boys?", Camilla asked as she looked down.

Mrs. Hallow turned her computer screen towards them and it was the video of Grayson approaching Alex, then pushing him. "Maybe this will jog your memory.", she said as she sped up the video to find the part where Grayson kissed Elizabeth and Alex tackled him.

She paused it and stared at the girls.

The girls look down, avoiding to talk.

"Ladies, it's not that serious. Just tell us who the boys are.", the security guard said.

Elizabeth let out a sigh and said, "Alexander Rivers and-"

"Grayson Dolan.", Camilla said, interrupting Elizabeth.

Elizabeth looked at Camilla and gave her a weird look.

"Thank you.", Mrs. Hallow said as she turned to the security guards, "Boys... please go to their classes and pick them up."

The men left and Mrs. Hallow sat back down at her desk.

"You guys are not in any trouble. We just can't let stuff like that happen.", Mrs. Hallow said. She leaned back in her chair and looked at Veronica, "How was your first day?"

"It was good, I learned a lot about people and about the colleges they might go to and-"

"Speaking of which... Elizabeth, what college do you want to go to?", Mrs. Hallow asked.

"The University of Texas.", Elizabeth said.

"And you?", Mrs. Hallow asked as she turned her eyes to Camilla.

"Santa Barbara.", she answered.

"And... you?", Mrs. Hallow asked, moving her focus to Veronica.

"I haven't really decided.", Veronica said.

"Okay... well, you ladies have a free period in about... 30 seconds.", she said as she stared at the clock.

The bell rang for passing period to your last class.

"Are you guys leaving?", she asked as she looked at all three girls.

"Yeah, we wanted to show Veronica around the city.", Camilla said.

"Okay then, bye bye.", Mrs. Hallow said.

Elizabeth walked out of the door and the other two followed.

"Why did you look at me like that?", Camilla asked as they left campus and entered the school parking lot.

"Well, because you said his name so fast.", Elizabeth responded.

"Well, I just thought it'd be better if I snitched on him, rather than you.", Camilla explains.

They get to Elizabeth's car and Veronica stood still.

Camilla said, "Are you coming?", as she opened Elizabeth's passenger door.

"You have a car?", she asked approaching Elizabeth's back door.

"Yeah, I got it for Christmas last year.", Elizabeth said as she got into the driver's seat and threw her bag in the back.

Camilla sat in the passenger seat, adjusting her bag on her feet.

"Where to?", Elizabeth asked.

"Let's take her to Venice.", Camilla suggested.

"No, we have to back within 45 minutes.", Elizabeth said.

"Can we go eat?", Veronica asked.

"There's a liquor store down the street.", Elizabeth said.

"We can stay there till we have to come back.", Veronica said.

Elizabeth started the car and began driving to the liquor store.