chapter fifty-three

Elizabeth saw Kian waiting in the front of the house, leaning on his car. Once she saw him, she ran up to him and hugged him tightly.

"I have been worried sick.", she whispered.

"I promise to never leave like that again.", he says as they back away from the hug. "You ready?"

She nods happily and hops into the car with him.

Grayson is laying in his bed as he texts Ethan.

Grayson's phone

Me: wyd?

Ethan: bro i did something bad
Ethan: really bad!

Me: what?

Ethan: are you in the back?

Me: yeah

Ethan comes barging in through the door.

"What happened?", Grayson asked as he ran into the living room.

"I was with... Chloe and... I did something I shouldn't have and-"

"You cheated on Cam.", Grayson said, with no emotion.

Ethan stared at the ground.

Grayson threw himself onto the couch, "How? Why? When?"

"Okay! Well, Chloe came over a few weeks ago and I had... sex with her and then, we started doing it on like a weekly basis and...", he said as wiped tears.

"Ethan, why did you ask cam out if you were fucking with this Chloe chick?", Grayson asked as he pushed Ethan.

"I don't know.", Ethan said as he looked up at Grayson.

"Well, what are you going to do now?"

"Camilla and I swapped phones for the day and I logged onto my instagram on Cam's phone and Chloe was blowing me up and telling me to answer and-"

"So Camilla knows?", Grayson asked.

Ethan nods and decides to sit down. Grayson sat with him until a girl barged in.

"What the hell Ethan?!", she screamed.

"Woah, woah. Who are you?'', Grayson asked as he lightly pushed the girl back.

"I'm Chloe (Anna Grace Barlow)!", she yells.

Camilla then runs in too. She came in with tears in her eyes.

"What the hell is going on?!", Camilla yells.

"Okay! Can I just explain!?", Ethan said.

Camilla wiped her tears, sat down and tossed her keys to the side. Chloe stayed standing.

"I have been with Camilla while I was with you," he says to Chloe, "and Camilla and I have been dating for a while."

Grayson shook his head walked away and called Elizabeth.

"Ethan how could you do this to me?! To us!?", Camilla says as she pushed Ethan.

"I'm sorry- I just-"

"Sorry!?", Chloe says. "Sorry can't fix this Ethan! What about the family you promised me, was that a lie t-"

"Are you serious!?", Camilla yells.

"I'm sorry, but Camilla...", he says as he approaches her, "I never wanted to hurt you. I've always loved you-"

Camilla swings her arm back and smacks Ethan before he can finish his sentences.

Ethan stands back up and Camilla says, "Don't you ever tell me you love me, not now. Not ever again. You don't know what love is."

Elizabeth barges in with Kian by her side.

"What is going on?!", Elizabeth asks.

Grayson walks in and says, "Tell her, Ethan."

Ethan continues, "Camilla, she meant absolutely nothing to me-"

"Oh really? What happened to the house and the whole family thing, that didn't mean anything to you?!", Chloe yelled. "Ethan, you need to decide on who you want."

"You know what, I'll make this decision simple.", Camilla says as she grabs her keys and walked out.

Everyone was left in silent until Chloe said, "Well, now we can have the life that we've always dreamed of."

Ethan brushes Chloe off of him, then says, "Why are you even here? Are you that stupid to think I would actually build a life with a whore?"

Chloe gets upset and says, "I wasn't the one who cheated. If you just stayed loyal, this would not have happened."

Chloe gets up and leaves.

Ethan looks up at Elizabeth and she asks, "Why would you do such a thing?"

Ethan stares at her blankly and looks back down.

Elizabeth gets a text and looks down at it.

"She wants her things so... Kian?'', she says looking up at him.

"Yeah.", he responds.

She looked up at Grayson and asked, "Coming?"

He nods and says, "Yeah, I think Ethan needs some alone time anyway."

All three of them walk out and Ethan was left alone.

He began to cry and pulled out his phone.

He began to spam Camilla.

Ethan's phone:

Me: Cam please!
Me: just answer
Me: let me explain what happened

Camilla: I can explain it for you. What had happened was i wasted my time. So did Chloe and now you want the girl that didn't just give you her undivided attention. She gave you love that you are missing. And i don't feel bad at all. Good luck. You'll need it, just as much as i do.

He looked down at the message and cried.