chapter forty-one

10:32 a.m.

Elizabeth, Grayson, Chris and Veronica were sitting on the couch watching tv.

The door opened and Ethan and Camilla walked in.

"Hi!", Camilla said as she put her bag on the table.

"Hey!"

"Hi!"

"What are you guys watching?", Ethan asked as he sat down with them. Camilla walked over and snuggled up against him.

"Some old movie Lizz wanted to watch.", Grayson said.

"It's Forrest Gump .", Elizabeth added.

"This is my favorite part.", Camilla says.

"It's also the saddest.", Elizabeth commented.

It's the last scene.

Elizabeth began to cry.

Grayson looked over and kissed her head and wiped her tears.

She laughed.

"Okay, so what if we go to the pool?", Chris suggested.

"Not really in the mood for swimming.", Grayson said.

"Yeah, " Elizabeth said as she turned her body towards Chris, "I think I'm going to stay here with Grayson."

"I'm down to go swimming.", Ethan said.

"Me too.", Camilla added.

"Now?", Veronica asked.

"Yeah, let's go.", Chris said.

"We'll go to your houses and get your stuff.", Ethan said to Veronica and Camilla.

Ethan got up and helped Camilla up.

"We'll take my car.", Chris said as he got up with Veronica.

"Bye guys!", Veronica said walking out the door with Chris.

Chris grabbed his keys and walked out.

"Bye!", Elizabeth yelled as Ethan and Camilla walked out.

Grayson and Elizabeth were alone.

"I guess it's just us.", Elizabeth said, looking up at Grayson.

"...and that's how I like it.", Grayson added.

They smiled and kissed.

There was a knock on the door.

They looked at it and Grayson got up and walked over, he opened it and found Veronica.

"You could have just came.", Elizabeth said as she got up and walked over.

"Guys?", Veronica said as she walked in.

"What's up?", Grayson said, closing the door and turning his body towards her.

Elizabeth looks at Veronica and she says, "Well, Chris and I have been dating for a few weeks now and I wanted to know if you guys could do something for us, but not tell him."

"Like what?", Elizabeth asked.

"Well, I sort of already have an idea of what I want, but I thought if you guys did it and then, let us come home to it, it'd be better.", Veronica said.

Elizabeth gasped and said, "Oh my gosh, you want to swipe your v card!"

"I wouldn't say it like that, but-"

"Woah.", Grayson added.

Elizabeth jumped in excitement, "Yeah, we'll do it! Just send a picture of what you want."

"Thanks-", Veronica said as Chris honked, "I have to go, but tell Cam to stall if you're not ready once we get back."

"Okay!", Elizabeth said as Veronica walked out. Veronica shut the door and Elizabeth jumped up. "Yay! We're going to be the ones she thanks at the wedding!"

Grayson laughed and grabbed Elizabeth's waist and hugged her from behind.

"Can't wait to thank our friends at our wedding.", he whispers as he they rock back and forth.