chapter forty-five

She let out a sigh, "What did you do?"

"Okay! Before you say anything... I love you!", he said as he took her right hand and kissed it.

She snatched away began driving and laughed.

"Okay, well, The Sabrina's came to talk to me while I was in the library in the 4th period.", Grayson said as he adjusted his seatbelt.

"You know I don't have a good feeling about them, they said too much about Camilla's situation with Ethan before they had that thing going on.", Elizabeth said as she pulled into Target's parking lot.

"I know, baby, but I think they're cool.", Grayson adds.

They find a parking spot closest to the store and parked. They held hands and walked into the store.

"Should we ask where it's at?", Grayson asked as they walked by the handbags on sale.

"No, it should be right here, we've been coming over here since we were kids.", Elizabeth said as she took out her phone and began to unlock it,"We should know where everything is."

They turn into the appliances aisle, "What are we doing here?"

"This is where all the pillows and stuff are at.", Elizabeth points out as they begin to look around.

"We moved everything around," a voice from behind said as they turned to look.

"Travis?", Grayson asked as he recognized his face.

"Yeah, what's up, Gray?", he said.

"Oh my gosh, you're back in town!", Elizabeth added.

"Yeah," Travis (Cameron Dallas) said as he hugged Elizabeth and shook hands with Grayson, "just for another year and a few months."

"How you been? Last time I saw you, we were arguing about Ethan's chest hair.", Grayson mentions.

Travis begins laughing, "Last year, huh?"

"A lot has happened since.", Elizabeth adds.

"Yeah, and look, I'm really sorry for Zendaya, I saw that she passed not too long ago and I thought I'd pay some respect to her mom.", Travis adds.

"You talked to Mrs. Johnson?", Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah, you know, we actually went to visit Zendaya's grave.", Travis added.

"Really? I wish I went with you.", Elizabeth said.

"Yeah, I wish you were there too. But I hear this is official?", Travis asked.

"It is, we are an us rather than a him-and-her type thing.", Elizabeth says as she swings her hand that us being held by Grayson's.

"Man, nice job, dude.", Travis said, shoving Grayson's shoulder. Grayson began giggling. "This kid would not stop talking about you. He would point out your every perfection. It was cute, though, man to think I took you out that one night."

Elizabeth's eyes widen and she begins to shake her head. Grayson looks over and lets go of her hand, "When did you take her out?"

"A few nights before I left.", Travis added.

"Shut up.", Elizabeth says as she looks down.

"Why am I just finding out about this?", Grayson asked as he turned Elizabeth's body towards him.

"Baby, look, it was last year and I was into Travis and I didn't think it was important because I thought he wasn't coming back."

"Oh, so I was never going to find out about this?", Grayson asked.