chapter thirty-six

Tuesday 2:01 p.m. @ the hospital

They slowly walk in with tears in their eyes. Besides Veronica. She was comforting Chris. Her mom stayed back to watch the house.

They see Zendaya's (Sherri Saum) mom.

Elizabeth ran up to her and hugged her. Camilla hugged her as well.

They all back away and Kian hugged her tightly, afterwards.

Grayson and Ethan took their time with their hugs after Kian.

After Ethan, Chris smiled at Mrs. Johnson and then hugged her.

"Where is she?", Kian asked.

"Well," she said wiping tears from her face, then clearing her throat, "she's not allowed visitors yet, but you can watch her through the little window."

"What room?", Elizabeth asked.

"That one.", she responded, pointing to the one by the restroom.

Kian walked ahead and saw her.

Mr. Lawley hugged Mrs. Johnson and saw Kian heading to the window.

Kian stepped to the window and saw her.

He broke down. Mr. Lawley ran to him and caught him.

"Shhh.", he said, trying to calm him down.

Everyone watched him break down. Elizabeth walked up to the window and saw Zendaya. Everyone followed. Tears dropped down from everyone's face.

Mr. Lawley lets go of Kian and he ran to the doctor that was speaking to Mrs. Johnson.

"Can I see her?", Kian asked, frantically.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but-"

"Just for a second.", Kian said.

The doctor sighed. "Just him?", he asked as he turned to Mrs. Johnson. She nodded. He looked back at Kian and said, "Follow me."

He led Kian to the door.

Kian walked in and was speechless.

He pulled a chair and held her hand. The rest of the group watched him.

"Zendaya? I hope you can hear me.", Kian said as he had tears dropping down his face.

Zendaya was in a coma and was motionless.

Elizabeth watched Kian and said, "If only he knew how much she really loved him."

"If you can hear me, then please know that I love you so much.", Kian looks down, then back at her, "Look, please just stay because... because darling... you were made for me."

Zendaya monitor began beeper faster as in her heart beat went up.

"Zendaya?", Kian said. He got up and yellled, "Doctor!"

The rest yelled for him. The parents went to watch what was going on with the kids.

The doctor ran in, her heart rate was scary fast.

"Get out!", the doctor yelled.

Kian stood by her blankly. Mr. Lawley ran in and pulled him as he yelled, "She heard me!"

Her heart line went flat. The doctor quickly grabbed the defibrillator and stunned her with it. Watching her bounce was spine tingling.

Mrs. Johnson got hold of everyone and pushed them into the waiting area. She cried on Mr. Lawley's shoulder. Kian crawled to Elizabeth and cried on hers.

Everyone was dropping tears. Elizabeth was sobbing with Kian and Mrs. Johnson.

The doctor came back out.

"Mrs. Johnson?"

Mrs. Johnson quickly and walked over. She was told that...