chapter forty

Sunday 10:12 a.m. @ the Dolan's back house

Elizabeth and Grayson walk through the door.

"Hey, guys!", Ethan yells as he turns his head to them.

"Hey, Ethan, where's Cam?", Grayson asked as they set their things on the dining table and walk over to the sofa.

"She wasn't ready so she said to pick her up in ten.", Ethan said as he turned his head back to the tv.

"Eth, you said that when I left.", Grayson pointed out.

Ethan's eyes widen and he ran out of the door.

Elizabeth laughs and sits down. Grayson sits beside her. She lays on his lap and looks up at him.

"Fuck.", he said as he looks at her.

"What?", she asks.

He looked away, then back at her and said, "I'm so in love with you."

She smiled and sat up and then, sat on him, facing him.

"Really?", she asked him.

"Yes. Really.", he responded.

She blushes and asks, "What if this was our house?"

"Then, there would be a bunch of little Graysons and Elizabeths running around.", he says as she stood up.

Elizabeth laughed and Grayson stood with her

"I have an idea.", Grayson said as he took out his phone.

"What's that?"

He played Heart on Fire by Jonathan Clay .

He took Elizabeth and began slow dancing with her. They laughed and he twirled her for the whole song. It was perfect.

On the last chorus he dipped her and never brought her back up. He leaned in to kiss her.

Suddenly, the door swung open and Elizabeth got scared and fell out of his arms.

"Sorry!", Veronica said as she ran in to help Elizabeth.

Chris was behind her.

Veronica helped her up and asked, "Are you okay?". Elizabeth nodded and chuckled. "I didn't mean to scare you."

Chris came in and gave Elizabeth a hug and asked, "Where's Kian?"

"We haven't heard from him.", Grayson said.

"Seriously?", Chris asked as he went the dining table and set down his car keys and walked back.

"Yeah, he's being weird.", Elizabeth added.

Veronica looked down and pulled Elizabeth to the side and asked, "You think he did something to like-"

"Hurt himself?", Elizabeth asked.

"Look, I don't know him that well, but you do so maybe think about it and see if he's capable of it.", Veronica said.

Chris walked in between the , laughing and said, "Veronica, you have to tell Grayson about you and your mom's trip."

"Okay, but Lizz, you know what to do.", she said walking away.