chapter eighteen

9:26 p.m.

"That was fun.", Elizabeth said as they walked towards the car.

"Yes, but this time I threw up.", Grayson says.

Everyone laughed as they got into the car.

---

9:51 p.m.

---

They all walk through the front door. Grayson is in the lead as he held Elizabeth's hand. They're all laughing as they walk in, but don't realize who's in the living room yet.

Once everyone is inside, they turn to find the police and Mrs. Dolan, Mrs. Bryant and Mrs. Rodriguez (Sofia Vergara) standing there.

"What's going on?", Grayson asked.

"It's about the fight.", the police officer said.

"What about it?", Ethan asked.

"Dylan has internal bleeding in his stomach.", Mrs Rodriguez adds.

"Who's Dylan?", Camilla asked.

"The guy you and Ethan were kicking.", Mrs. Dolan said.

"Wait, but that was self-defense.", Elizabeth explains.

"If he dies, its involuntary manslaughter for Camilla.", the other police officer said.

"Wait- why me?", Camilla said.

"They never touched you, you would have no reason to put your hands on him.", the officer said.

"He was hurting my boyfriend.", Camilla said.

"Exactly, not you.", the other officer added.

"We will keep everyone updated, but until then, everyone needs to stay in town.", the police officer added.

"Thank you.", said Mrs. Rodriguez.

The police officers left.

Grayson looked down at Elizabeth and Elizabeth looked up at him, worried.

"Well," Mrs Bryant said, "Elizabeth I am... I'm... speechless."

"Mom, I know, but-"

"And you...", Camilla's mom said, "once you saw them fighting, you should have called the police!"

Camilla had no words in defense.

"Mrs. Rodriguez, please don't blame her.", Ethan said as he let go of Camilla's hand and went in front of Mrs. Rodriguez.

"Ethan, she can be facing serious jail time.", Mrs. Dolan said.

"She wouldn't have to if Grayson didn't tease him about Lizz!", Ethan said.

"Wait, this started over Elizabeth?", Mrs. Dolan asks.

"He was jealous.", Grayson said.

A moment of silence went by before Mrs Dolan said, "Go to your rooms."

They went inside of Grayson's room.

"They can't put you in jail.", Elizabeth said as she sat on Grayson's bed with Grayson.

"What do I do?", Camilla asked.

Ethan hugged her.

"We should just go to sleep and see what happens.", Grayson suggests.

Camilla nodded and her and Ethan went to Ethan's room.

Elizabeth rested her head on Grayson's shoulder. Grayson kissed her head.

"We should go to bed.", Grayson said.

"Yeah."

Elizabeth got up and changed into a tank top with Grayson's pj pants. Grayson changed into a pair of pjs and hopped into bed.

Elizabeth crawled in with him. They kissed each other and cuddled till they went to sleep.

Camilla and Ethan changed as well, but they stayed awake and talked about the future they wish to have.

"We can have kids.", Ethan suggested.

"With a nice, big house.", Camilla added.