chapter fifty-one

Everyone's attention to the door.

Mrs. Bryant stepped up and walked to the door and opened it, everyone else followed.

"Hello, officer.", Mrs. Bryant said.

"Mrs. Bryant?", the officer said.

"That's me."

"Your daughter, Elizabeth, has been in a car accident. She and her friend, that we identified as Travis Geller, were crashed into by a hit and run."

Mrs. Bryant takes a deep breath.

"If you want, I can give you the information on her and where she is right now."

"Please.", Grayson said.

"Okay. Ma'am, if you can step out so I can ask you some questions, that'd be great.", the officer said.

"Of course.", Mrs. Bryant said as she walked out.

"This is too much.", Camilla said as she walked back.

Ethan grabbed her and held her tightly. Chris did the same with Veronica. Grayson stared at the ground as he sat on the couch.

Everyone looked at him, "Grayson-"

"I knew I shouldn't have let her go.", he says, painfully.

"Grayson, don't say stuff like that.", Chris said.

"It's my fault. Everything is my fault. First, it was the fight, now it's this.", Grayson said as he stood up.

Mrs. Bryant ran in and said, "Let's go, guys. Into my car."

--

30 minutes

--

Mrs. Bryant and the rest barge into the hospital. Mrs. Bryant stops everyone. "Guys.", she said as everyone crowded around her, "Just be prepared for anything and Grayson... this... whatever we see through that door... will never be considered your fault for letting her leave."

They walk into Elizabeth's room. Preparing themselves for anything.

They all walk in.

"Hey, guys!", Elizabeth yells as she ate ice cream and laid beside Travis.

"Hey!", Travis yelled.

"What the hell! What's wrong with you guys?", Grayson asked.

"Nothing, we're okay.", Elizabeth said as she bounced up and gave everyone hugs.

"But you were in a car accident.", Veronica said.

"Yep.", Elizabeth said as she licked her ice cream.

"The whole car flipped over, but my car had like this cage or something so we were fine and brought here.", Travis added.

Elizabeth walked over to Grayson and waited for him in open arms.

"I thought you were dead.", Grayson said as he pulled her close and hugged her tightly.

"Travis, what the hell is the matter with you?!", Camilla said.

"What?", Travis asked.

"You could've called.", Ethan added.

"They wouldn't give me my phone back!", Travis explained.

"Where are your parents Travis?", Mrs. Bryant asked.

"Outside with the doctor."

"Okay I'll be back.", Mrs. Bryant said as she left the room.

Chris hugged Veronica. Ethan hugged Camilla. Grayson tried hugging Elizabeth, but she was too busy eating her ice cream. And so was Travis, who was still on the bed.

Elizabeth went over to sit with him.

Grayson followed and kissed Elizabeth.

She giggled as she pushed him away.

Someone walk through the door.

"Kendall!?", Elizabeth yelled.

She ran to the girl and the boy beside her.

"Guys! This is my cousin Kendall and her boyfriend Damon (Damon Christopher Rogers)!", she yelled as she hugged both.

"Camilla!", Kendall yelled.

"Hey, Kendall.", Camilla said as she walked over to hug her.

"Ethan and Grayson...", Kendall said as she walked over to them. "Finally asked my girls out, huh?"

"Had to.", Grayson said hugging her.

"We couldn't let any other guy have a taste of what we wanted since like forever ago.", Ethan said as he hugged Kendall.

"And Chris... finally over Emily?", Kendall asked.

"With the help of this girl... Kendall this is Veronica.", Chris said as he introduced them.

"Hi.", Veronica said with a smile.

"Cuter than Emily.", Kendall commented.

She walked over to Travis.

"Don't tell me your name!", she yells. "Travis?"

Travis nods and laugh. They hug and Kendall turns to say, "This is Damon everyone."

Damon waves. Everyone else says hi.

Mrs. Bryant runs in and says, "In celebration of the lives of Travis Daniel Geller and Elizabeth Taylor Bryant, we will go out to eat."

Everyone else cheers.