chapter forty-two

11:26 a.m. @ Chris' backyard pool

"Are we ready?", said Chris as him and Ethan are waiting for Veronica and Camilla to come out in the swim suits.

"Hold on!", Veronica yelled from inside.

Ethan grunted and said, "Babe, if you don't come out in less then 2 minutes, I will go in there and throw you with what you're wearing!"

Veronica walked out with Camilla on her arm and said, "Okay, sheesh, talk about the time of the month."

Camilla laughed and walked over to Ethan and kissed him.

Veronica walked over to Chris, his jaw dropped. Her shy self asked, "What?"

He closed his mouth and said, "Nothing... you... um... you are so beautiful. I don't know what to say-"

She kissed him.

They backed away from the kiss and Ethan picked Camilla up and said, "Alright my lady, shall we?"

"We shall.", Camilla said as Ethan walked towards the pool, he jumped and they fell in.

They came out laughing. They hugged and kiss.

"Are you ready?", Chris asked.

"Oh no. I have to get-", Chris grabbed her waist and fell in with her.

"Chris!", she yelled as she came up from the water.

Chris laughed and splashed water on her.

She screamed and swam away. He chased after her.

Ethan and Camilla laughed and got out from the water.

"Where you going?", Chris asked as he hugged Veronica and catches her in the shallow end.

"We have a surprise.", Camilla said walking into his house.

Chris and Veronica looked at each other and began to talk. "Well, maybe 3 or 4, but not 5."

"You don't want a big family?", Chris asked.

"I just want a nice, loving family with a man who will love me endlessly.", Veronica said as she sat down on the steps.

"Then, I'm your guy.", Chris said, sitting next to her.

She looked over at him and smiled.

Suddenly, 2 water guns are thrown into the water. Veronica turns and finds Ethan and Camilla standing behind her with water guns of their own.

"Say hello to my little friend.", Ethan said as he pointed the gun at Chris as he turned to them.

Chris laughed and got his water gun and loaded it.

"Lock and load, baby!", Veronica yelled as she grabbed her water gun.

They began squirting each other and laughing.

Ethan grabbed Veronica's arm and used her as a shield.

"Hey! Let her go!", Chris shouted.

"Okay.", Ethan said, he let her go and pushed her into the water.

Everyone began laughing.

Veronica got up from the water and said, "Boys Vs Girls!"

"Wait, but then it would 4 against none.", Camilla said, sarcastically.

Veronica and Camilla began laughing. Ethan and Chris looked offended and got into the pool with them.

Chris grabbed Veronica and threw her over his shoulder. Veronica began laughing screaming. He took her out of the pool and walked over to he deep end.

"No!!", she screamed. Chris jumped into the pool with Veronica.

Ethan let Camilla climb onto his shoulders.

He threw her back and let her fall.

Camilla got up from the water and wrapped her legs around Ethan and he hugged her tightly.

Veronica and Chris were swimming in the deep end she yells, "WATER FIGHT!"

Chris and Veronica began squirting their water guns at Ethan and Camilla.

They laughed and spent the rest of the day laughing.