chapter nine

Sunday morning 11:45 a.m.
The Dolan's House

"Can we watch Elf?", Elizabeth asked, smuggled up next to Grayson on the couch.

"We watched that movie this morning.", Ethan whined.

"Well, we can watch it again!", Camilla cried.

"No way," Ethan complained, "you made me watch it like three times."

"It's a very good movie!", Elizabeth yelled.

"Not when you watch it for the third time.", Ethan said.

Grayson said, "I don't care what we watch, just glad I'm here with her."

Elizabeth looks up at him and smiles, then kisses him.

"I wanna do something fun today.", Camilla says. "Why not like go out to Santa Monica and eat at that really good Italian place.", Camilla suggests.

"Oh!", Elizabeth shouted, "I forgot the name, but last we went there," Elizabeth turns to Grayson, "we got the best ice cream sundae. Babe we have to go."

"The doctor said that you should-", Grayson said, but Elizabeth made her puppy-dog face. He lets out a sigh, then says, "Fine."

Camilla and Elizabeth cheer.

"I'm not going.", Ethan says.

"What? Why? You have to.", Camilla insisted.

"Babe, I hate Santa Monica, remember last time-"

"Oh yeah! You threw up all over my new shoes on my 14th birthday after the roller coaster.", Camilla said as she turned to Ethan.

Ethan nodded in embarrassment.

"Please, Ethan.", Elizabeth begged.

"Yeah, come on babe, we won't go on the roller coaster.", Camilla added.

Ethan stared at her. Then said, "If I go, you have to pinky-promise me that you will not leave my side."

Camilla stuck out her pinky and Ethan crossed his with hers.

Camilla smile and kissed him.

"Can we go later tonight though, I'm still supposed to be recovering.", Elizabeth said.

"Yeah," Camilla said as she got up and walked towards the kitchen, "but before anything who wants to make brownies!?"

Ethan got up and screams, "ME!"