chapter twenty-three

"Then, what happened?", Zendaya asked they all sat down, listening to Camilla tell the story.

"He grabbed you?", Grayson asked.

Elizabeth said, "No, Grayson, I'm fine, he just-"

"Yes, he grabbed her!", Camilla said.

Grayson got up and said, "I'll be back."

"No!", Elizabeth said, pulling him back down.

"Baby, you think I'm okay with letting him touch you like that?", Grayson asked.

"Stop, just let it go.", Elizabeth said as she grabbed his hand.

"Chris, you wanna go with me to get lunch?", Veronica asked.

Chris nodded and leaded the way into the lunch room.

"Tell me Chris isn't into her?", Kian asked as he took their spot.

"So into her.", Camilla said.

Elizabeth gets a text. She looks down and unlocks her phone.

Unknown number: hey its Veronica

Me: hey, whats going on with Chris?

Veronica: I think he might ask me out

Me: say yes!

Elizabeth left her phone on the table. She looked up at Grayson.

Grayson was talking to Kian about skateboards. He still held her hand.

He looked at Elizabeth and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just happy we're together.", she responded.

He smiled and kissed her.

She backed away from the kiss and looked at Camilla.

Camilla and Ethan were laughing at something they saw on social media. Elizabeth looked over at Kian and saw that he was admiring Zendaya, but she never noticed. She was glued to her phone.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes. She looked past Zendaya and saw that Veronica and Chris were coming back. She smiled. Veronica and him were laughing.

They both sat down and Chris says, "Why is everyone asking us about you and Gray?"

"I don't know.", Elizabeth said.

"I posted a picture of us at the party, maybe they just aren't used to us being an us .", Grayson said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"What are they saying about us?", Camilla asked Chris.

"Everyone was commenting that they knew it was coming on my pic I posted of me asking you out.", Ethan said.

Camilla smiled and held his hand as she rested her head on his shoulder.

---
Lunch bell rings to go back to class
---

"Can we stay here?", Veronica asked.

Camilla nodded and Ethan got up and gave Camilla a kiss, then left.

Grayson gave Elizabeth a kiss on the forehead and a note. Elizabeth smiled and watched him walk away.

Chris kissed Veronica on the cheek and left. Elizabeth and Camilla looked at her, blankly as she blushed.

"What?", she asked.

Camilla giggled and Elizabeth turns to see Kian and Zendaya walk away together, laughing.

Grayson and Ethan walked together and saw Alex.

Ethan pointed him out. Grayson looked and began walking towards him.

"Hey!", Grayson yelled as he approached Alex.

Elizabeth recognized the voice and turned and saw Grayson approaching Alex. She quickly got up and walked their way. The girls followed.

"Don't you ever touch Lizz again, you got it!?", Grayson said.

"Well, who's gonna stop me? Lizz? Oh please.", Alex said as he put his bag down.

Grayson put his bag down and said, "She knocked you out pretty good, right?"

A crowd began to form around them.

"She did, not you.", Alex said.

"Try me, Rivers!", Grayson said he pushed Alex.

"Don't touch me, Dolan!", Alex said as he pushed Grayson back.

They pushed each other until Elizabeth came running. She held Grayson back.

"Mommy's here.", Alex said, mockingly.

He began walking away.

Grayson had an idea.

"Hey, Alex!", he yelled.

Alex turned around and Grayson passionately kissed Elizabeth.

"You done it now, Dolan!", Alex yelled as he ran and tackled Grayson.

They tussled on the ground until Ethan got a hold of Grayson and pulled him off. Alex's friends held him back.

"Just get to class.", Elizabeth said pushing Grayson the opposite way.

Grayson and Alex went their separate ways.

"You have boys fighting over you.", Veronica said as she walked beside Elizabeth.

"Literally.", Camilla added.

"Must be exciting.", Veronica said gripping onto Elizabeth's arm.

Elizabeth laughed. She looked down and realized she had the note Grayson gave her.

She opened it and it read, "Date night. You and me. Tonight at 8. I'll pick you up."

She looked up and smiled.