6.

'2:00AM'

Just one hour since the last time I woke up checking the time.

Irritable and in the worst mood I slumped out of bed clutching my nightdress around my body for the tiniest bit of warmth it's giving me. Going through to the kitchen I pulled across the single curtain I'd left open and flicked on a couple of lamps whilst I made myself a mint chocolate hot drink, the moonlight across this large room really gives me the chills. Cream, marshmallows and all the trimmings added simply out of bordem my drink is now looking rather delicious in my hot pink mug.

"Shit..key.." I heard faintly from the corridor.

Listening closer I soon jumped out of my skin at the front door swinging open and a drunken Aston stumbling inside.

"For fuck sake Aston!" I spat.

"What? What?" he slurred focusing his eyes.

"Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry, I thought you would be in bed. Are you alright?"

Nodding I stepped away. I felt his eye's look me up and down, only then did I remember what I'm wearing and tug my dress down.

Sitting myself down in the lounge on the couch I watched Aston act rather hesitant to join me, but eventually he did with a slump, stinking of brandy.

"How did the date go?" I asked.

"Oh don't ask," he chuckled.

"Come on, it couldn't have been that bad."

"Two words, high maintenance."

"Ouch."

"Carbs, calories and cash" he frowned in a ridiculous voice.

"I take it you didn't get laid then?"

"No, but its alright I'll let you off, the nights still young after all," he said with the same look over me again.

"Aston," I giggled shyly.

"I'm kidding."

He's not.

"Has Charlie phoned?" he asked.

"Earlier yeah. Quick call to break the news," I shrugged.

Even mentioning his name has brought back emotions.

"News? what do you mean?"

"He's decided he's not coming back."

"You what?"

"Well not yet anyway, they've picked up another job so they're staying out there."

"How long is he talking?"

"Months."

"Months?" he choked sitting up and turning towards me.

"As long as it takes," I shrugged.

"Well what about you?"

Giggling I lowered my head. I'm the last person he thought of when making this decision.

"But..I thought.." he stuttered. "Since when can he randomly pick up these jobs?"

"Charlie can do what he wants, when he wants."

"Shit babe," he mumbled dropping his arm along the back of the couch behind us both.

"I should have known really, rather than let him mug me off with the story about buying tickets over there."

"Are you alright?"

"Hmm, fine," I smiled lying through my teeth.

"I don't know why you let him treat you the way he does, you're better than that. He doesn't deserve you."

"Stop it."

"It's true, and you know it."

Sighing I stared back into his gazing eyes for a few seconds.

"Relationships, more hassle than they're worth ey?" he laughed trying to lighten the mood.

In the state that we're both in staying up through the early hours of the morning probably isn't the best thing to do, Aston's flirty enough without alcohol, but talking to him from the kitchen I cracked open a bottle of wine to cure my mood.

"Tell me more about this date then?" I asked.

"There's not much to say other than it was a complete nightmare. I was lost for words for all the wrong reasons."

"Maybe your choice of restaurant wasn't up to scratch."

"Babe I don't think the Ritz would be up to scratch."

Laughing I passed him the glass and sat back down.

"Nah, I give up with women. I will never understand how your minds work," he vowed.

"You're not supposed to, it works to our advantage."

"I bet it does."

Listening to him ramble on about his past dates and relationships I began to regret asking anything about his love life, that's if you could call it that. From one night stands to holiday romances he's certainly been around the block a few times, but then men will do anything for sex.

"I need a friends with benefits."

"What?" I laughed.

"No girlfriend means no problems."

"Friends with benefits never work Aston. Feelings always come into it. It didn't work for Justin Timberlake so it won't work for you."

"But do you blame him?! Hello, have you seen Mila Kunis?" he giggled with me.

"These mad ideas are not going to work. I'm sure you'll find a nice girlfriend soon enough."

"It's alright for you, you have a boyfriend. That's sex on tap."

"Do I? Really.." I frowned rolling my eyes.

Aston now intrigued to find out more I ended the conversation right there.

Drinking the last drops of wine in my glass I started to tidy away and put things in the dishwasher ready for the morning. Over tired but slightly tipsy I have to get to bed before I say something I regret, and only hope I fall back to sleep.

"I'll see you in the morning."

"Yeah you might, or around noon."

"Night Aston," I giggled.

"Night babes."

~♥~

Vote for the next part :-)