52.

After a week you would have thought there would be some sort of change even if it's not an improvement, but no with the atmosphere still thick enough to cut with a knife neither Aston or Charlie are making an effort.

Early Sunday morning I made a start on clearing up last nights mess, spending the evening in front of a movie Charlie thought he'd liven things up a bit with some alcohol, obviously our company and good food wasn't enough. Picking up the tenth can from the coffee table I threw it into a bin bag and repeated with another.

"Charlie hasn't lost his love for beer in Dubai then?" Aston frowned stepping over a pizza box on the floor and sitting down on the couch.

"It was a Saturday night, besides half of these are yours."

"I had four, there's one, two, three.."

"Alright," I sighed cutting him off.

"I wouldn't have thought he was allowed to drink on medication for his heart."

"The doctor said he can."

"He is seeing a doctor then?"

"Of course he is, I've been with him."

"Oh well if you've seen the doctor he must be."

"Yeah," I mumbled.

Whatever Aston is doing is working, I'm starting to doubt why I've never been invited in to see the doctor, I'm always in the waiting room.

"Did you pick up his prescription?" he asked.

"No, he told you he was going to do that."

"Oh yeah, of course he did."

"What is this all about?" I snapped.

"Nothing, I'm just taking an interest."

"Yeah, right."

"It's a bit strange though isn't it? you've never seen his doctor or his medication, in fact I think you're just taking his word for it right?"

"Grow up Aston, it's getting boring now!" I growled pushing past him to pick up the last of the rubbish.

Chuckling to himself he swung his head around as Charlie shuffled through from the bedroom.

"Morning," he yawned.

"Morning," I smiled.

"Have you got any paracetamol babe? my heads killing me."

"Can you take painkillers with your tablets?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. Are they still in the top cupboard?"

"Bottom one."

I dodged Aston's eye at this point.

"Can someone take this outside please?" I asked leaving the full bin bag by the front door.

"I'm going out in a minute, I will," Aston said.

"Thanks."

I continued to tidy the rest of the house whilst Charlie ate his breakfast and Aston got ready to go out for the day, it's early but it takes me twice as long now there's two men in the house, clutter quickly gathers!

Now alone with Charlie in the living room I made us both a cup of coffee and sat down beside him on the couch, taking his attention away from the TV screen only for a split second.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Yeah, fine babes."

"Have you had your results come through yet?"