80

~ Aston's P.O.V ~

Lying to Kayleigh wasn't as easy as it seemed. In fact I'm already regretting it, maybe I should have told her the truth so we could have dealt with it together? No, I don't want her involved, I can't risk her getting hurt again.

I jumped in my car and set off left down bleakly road, Kayleigh and probably the rest of the family by now, are expecting me to go to my office and sort out a problem I have at work. I drove in that direction but stopped as I got to park avenue and turned right, the problem I have is with Charlie and that's who I'm going to see.

I parked up, made my way inside and knocked on the front door.

"Charlie?" I called.

Knocking harder the door then eased open.

"See you in a minute," Charlie spoke from the main bedroom.

It's hard to believe how much the house has changed, this was once a place we called home. The kitchen worktop looks as though it hasn't had a wipe down since we left and the coffee table that Kayleigh was thrown across is covered in take away boxes. I shuddered at a flashback of that argument.

"What the fuck do you want?" Charlie asked walking through in a shirt and trousers.

"There are things we need to sort out," I replied.

He laughed stepping closer towards me.

"I'm asking you now, stay away from my family."

"Have you finished? I have plans," he said picking up his car keys.

"Don't get funny Charlie, I haven't even started!" I growled pushing him back by the scruff of his neck before he could barge passed.

"Come on then," he spat back squaring his shoulders.

"I didn't come here to fight but don't tempt me."

He laughed in my face again.

"Do whats best for you and fuck off back to Dubai Charlie, you're not wanted here. There's nothing here for you," I snarled.

"Now we both know that's not true."

"I'm the one with the family. Biological or not I'll be the one that baby calls Dad and you'll be the one he never meets."

"Is that a threat?"

"That's a promise."

"Who do you think you are coming around here like this? you're the one in the wrong, if you hadn't of interfered me and Kayleigh would still be together."

"Don't kid yourself Charlie."

"We were happy and in love."

"If you were happy she wouldn't have jumped in bed with me the second your back was turned."

His face screwed up and his fist flung back in anger, I've definitely hit a nerve.

"Oh please do, it will give me something else to show the police," I said holding up my hands.

"The boys in blue," he laughed raising one eyebrow.

"Don't think I won't. It might be too late to charge you for the cause of a miscarriage, but I thought I could fill them in on why you really got sent back to the UK."

"What?" he stuttered.

"We all know your heart is beating just fine, but not many people know you're a drug dealer do they?" I asked.

Charlie couldn't even answer. I've always known there was more to him flashing the cash around and after a second chat with his boss Jamie, he told me the real reason why he was sent packing. Charlie might have stuck to the rules during working hours, but after his shift not only was he cheating with numerous girls but he was sealing the deal, so to speak, with a drug deal. I don't know why Jamie was mug enough to let him off the hook, obviously a little blackmailing from Charlie went a long way.

"You haven't got the balls," he gulped.

"Really? well you're going to need a lot more than balls to talk your way out of this one, you can't blackmail the police like you can Jamie."

"I've sorted it with Jamie."

"There's always a grudge though, isn't there? you should know that."

In a flash before I could flinch Charlie swung his fist back and knocked me two steps back, the room slowly spinning around me. As he grasped the neck of my shirt in his hand I found all my strength to fight back. Each punch let out anger I've stored up since the miscarriage, I want him to have a taste of the pain I've been through with Kayleigh.

"I've sat back and let you get away with too much for too long, it stops now," I growled pinning him back against the wall.

I stopped him from answering with a firm shake.

"I'm asked and now I'm telling you, stay away from my family, my girlfriend and my baby," I continued. "I've watched you break that girl's heart enough, don't you ever think you will be part of that baby's life because you won't even be here to catch a glimpse."

"If I'm the Dad I've got rights."

"You lost those rights when you threw Kayleigh across the table and caused her miscarriage."

"Don't exaggerate," he muttered.

"Exaggerate?!" I snapped.

"I didn't know she was pregnant."

"You make me sick."

"It was the least she deserved anyway."

I gripped my hand tighter around his neck and lifted him up against the wall.

"If you dare to come near.." I shouted back in his face.

He wriggled under my grasp gasping as my strength took over his, his eyes looking back at mine and listening.

"I'll be bringing up that baby no matter what the outcome and I never want to see your face, all it takes is a quick visit to the police station. I'm warning you Charlie, stay away."

My anger shone through my eyes.

"Do you understand?" I asked.

He barely nodded.

Releasing my grip around his throat I pushed him to the floor in a heap gasping to catch his breath again. There's so much more I want to do to him but I have to stop before I go to for, I think he's got the message.

I marched out of the room and slammed the broken door shut behind me, scurrying down the stairs and out to my car. Adrenaline is rushing through my body. Looking back to the house I caught my reflection in the mirror and wiped the trickling blood from my nose. I can't go home like this, Kayleigh is going to know I've been up to something.

~ Kayleigh's P.O.V ~

It's now half past nine, nearly five hours after Aston left for his works meeting. I've patiently waited with his family over a take away and in front of the television but I've had enough now. It was strange enough for him to leave at five o'clock never mind be gone until nine-thirty, Aston can't have told me everything.

"Do you want a hot chocolate love?" Siobhan asked.

"No thank you, I'm going to ring Aston again," I replied.

"I'm sure he's fine, he's probably got held up."

"Yeah, down the pub," Conor chuckled.

"Do you think?" I asked.

"If I know my brother like I think I do, every deal has to be closed with a pint."

"I'll just call him once more," I smiled weakly.

Wandering into the hallway I rang him for the fourth time, but once again it went straight to voicemail.

"Hey it's me again. Can you call me when you get this please? you've been gone a long while now and I'm starting to worry. I love you," I spoke leaving a message.

I hate to think the worst but anything could have happened, Aston always answers his phone. It's usually never far from his right hand.

~♥️~

Vote for more, not much left now :)

Sorry you've waited so long for a short part.