32.

I really must hide this smug face.

In a way I'm quite proud of myself for how I've handled this situation, because what I did and what I wanted to do are two different things. I can't believe how much Kelly's true colours have shone through this weekend.

Finished in the office at five I picked up my things and made my way back to the car. I wish I hadn't agreed to go shopping now, I can't wait to get home and speak to Aston. Throwing my bag on the passenger seat I set off to Tesco hoping I'm going to be no more than an hour, I always have hated this part of owning a home. Half way around and in the frozen isle I picked out a box of ice lollies and a tub of ice cream for an evening treat now and again, walking further up to the pizzas. Concentrating on the list of toppings I suddenly jumped out of my skin and my trolley jerked into me.

"Ey!" I moaned looking up.

Sticking her tongue out Chloe stood in front of me.

"Oh, its you," I chuckled.

"Hello to you too, best friend," she said hugging me, her eyes looking me up and down.

"I know. I've only just finished work, the cupboards are empty and I have a hungry lodger at home."

"But do you know how many calories are in that one pizza?"

"Enough to save me cooking."

Rolling her eyes she reached for some frozen vegetables. I guess she's half way to healthy eating.

"Hows things with that lodger of yours anyway?" she asked.

"Yeah, fine."

"Just fine. Sex should never be just fine."

"It's not," I laughed.

"So.."

"It's just been an eventful weekend that's all."

"What's happened?"

Sighing I shrugged, "Kelly from work is being a bitch, my trip to Essex didn't go to plan and well I suppose things with Aston are getting complicated."

"Woah."

"It's a long story babe, it really is."

"I'll tell you what, what are you doing tomorrow night?"

"I don't have anything planned."

"I'll bring some dinner and a bottle of wine over around six, you can tell me everything then. It sounds like a catch up is needed early."

"It is," I nodded. "Thanks Chloe, you're a good friend."

"I have my moments," she giggled.

"Anyway, I better get going, I told Aston I wouldn't be long."

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

Scrapping around the rest of the store I loaded up the car with the carrier bags and made my way home. Now with enough food to feed a whole family I'm determined to cook us a nice meal tonight, maybe spaghetti bolognese. Parking by the front door I opened up the car boot and made a start on unpacking.

"Hey, I'll give you a hand," Aston said rushing over. "I'll tackle the stairs."

"Thank you."

Passing him a few at the top he ran them back up to the flat, luckily ours is on the second floor and not the fourth, so there's not too many flights of stairs to climb.

"That's the last, I can carry this one," I said shutting the boot and locking the car.

"I was expecting you back an hour ago."