57.

Everyone now in bed I'm still laying wide awake at two o'clock in the morning, I never had chance to talk to Aston after that kiss and ended up following Charlie to the bedroom to keep the peace. My mind far is too busy to sleep.

Turning over to check on Charlie I slowly got climbed out of bed and left him in his usual deep sleep, there could be a party next door and he wouldn't know. Shutting the bedroom door behind me I tiptoed across to the lounge and tucked myself up at one corner of the couch for some warmth. I thought I could cope with the situation, but trying to catch Charlie out is a lot harder than I thought, I keep doubting whether there is something wrong with him after all, even if it's not his heart. He's playing this game too well.

Sitting quietly I suddenly heard a noise.

"Charlie?" I whispered looking to my bedroom. I then looked to Aston's and realised its in fact his room the noise is coming from.

Standing up I walked over to his door and listened closer, tapping it quietly and easing it open. I'm thinking and hoping he's awake.

"Aston?" I spoke.

"Hmm," he groaned.

"Oh sorry, have I woke you?"

"No," he yawned.

"I'll come back in the morning, I'm sorry."

"Wait, are you alright?"

"I couldn't sleep that's all."

"Come in, come and lay with me," he insisted.

I walked over and climbed in the bed as he made room and pulled back the duvet, the heat from where he had laid automatically warming me up.

"I haven't stopped thinking about you," I murmured.

"I've been thinking about you too babe."

"This is so hard Aston."

"It will be over soon."

"Are you serious about us?" I asked.

"Yeah, I want us to be together."

"Me too."

"Once everything is sorted and Charlie is out of the picture we can buy our own place, I'm back at work properly now so we don't have to settle for a two bed flat in north London. It will be a house with a garden," he smiled.

"It will be lovely."

"I've been thinking about going up to the hospital," he said.

"Oh yeah?"

"I know its private and confidential but we might be able to find out something even if its whether or not he's on the records."

"Maybe. Do you want me to go?"

"If its possible to get out of the house, it depends what Charlie's doing doesn't it?"

"Hmm, I think he's going out at some point," I said.

"Well see what happens in the morning hun."

"Okay."

"Are you staying in here tonight?" Aston asked.

"I wish I could, but Charlie might wake up before me and wonder where I am."

"Yeah, alright."

"I better go back, I've kept you up long enough."

"Lets have a kiss before you go then."

Sitting up I pressed my lips against his softly.

"Night," I smiled.