76.

Aston did in fact take up his Dad's offer and is currently cutting the slightly overgrown lawn, Steve is usually hands on in the garden but he's been so busy with work lately he hasn't had chance to get out there, there's even weeds out the front of the house that need pulling up. I've stayed in today planning tonight's dinner, luckily nobody is a fussy eater and everyone loves spicy food so I've decided on a lamb curry. I'm usually quite basic and traditional with my cooking but since me and Aston have bonded he's taught me to experiment more and make, possibly the most delicious curry I've ever eaten.

"Are you making a curry?" Aston asked recognising the spices as he opened the back door.

"Yeah, lamb. Is that okay?" I replied.

"It sounds great, are you using my recipe?"

"I wouldn't say your recipe, you probably read it in Jamie Oliver's book."

"No Mum taught me. Although she might have read it in Jamie Oliver's book, she is a fan."

I chuckled shaking my head as he leant over me to flick on the kettle.

"Are you taking a break?" I asked.

"Yeah, with a strong coffee. I'm starting to feel the side effects of three hours sleep."

"Me too, I wish I could have a coffee," I frowned.

"Are you not allowed? I thought it was just alcohol."

"In moderation and I've already had one today."

"Oh, I'll remember that."

"I'll make your coffee, do you want any lunch?" I asked.

"Yeah, a cheese and pickle sandwich would be nice. Cheers babe."

"I had some fruit a little while ago, I'm not that hungry."

"Just some fruit?" he frowned. "You should have waited and had a proper lunch with me. I know you think eating for two is an old wives tale but I want you and this baby in the best health possible."

"Yes, Aston," I smiled.

"I'm serious."

"I wasn't laughing," I said buttering two slices of bread. "I'll have a sandwich in a bit."

Taking his lunch from me he sat at the table with a mug of coffee. It's a gorgeous summers day and now tonight's meal is prepped I'm very tempted to laze outside in the sun, if only I could treat myself to a glass of rosé.

"Right, I'm done for now," I said sitting down with Aston.

He smirked sipping his coffee.

"What?" I asked.

"Proper little housewife you're becoming, ey?" he teased.

"Hmm," I grinned. "We should be alright then shouldn't we? I'll look after the house whilst you take care of the garden."

"I wouldn't go that far, I've had enough already," he frowned.

"I didn't think you had green fingers," I giggled.

"I'll just finish the lawn and then pack up, there's some houses I want to look at online," he said putting his empty plate and mug in the dishwasher.

"Okay," I smiled.

"Thank you for lunch," he said leaning down and pressing his lips to mine.

"Have you had enough?"

"Yeah, it was lovely."

I tidied up the little mess I made in the kitchen and stood at the kitchen window watching Aston put the lawnmower back in the shed. As delicious as a glass of rosé sounds I settled for an ice cold class of orange juice and slipped on my shoes to join him in the back garden, taking the laptop with me under my arm.