46.

I woke up the next morning with a head too delicate to turn, I don't know if it's a delayed hangover or the lack of sleep I've had, but the sooner it shifts the better. Stumbling across Aston's shoes as I wandered into the kitchen for two paracetamol and some juice I angrily kicked them away, it's an annoying habit of his but at least I know he slept in his own bed last night. I feel terrible, yesterday was a complete whirl wind. If having Charlie home wasn't enough to deal with, I've now got the guilt of cheating on him with Aston, and hearing about these pains and possible heart problems has made me realise a few home truths.

I sat at the breakfast bar observing Charlie lay in the same place as I left him last night, well it was gone midnight by the time we stopped talking. I couldn't bring myself to share a bed with him, I didn't want to kick him out of his own bed but he insisted he would be the one to sleep on the couch and not me. I watched as his chest rose, his stubble a couple of days old if anything is making him look twice as attractive, he always has had that typical handsome look about himself, fair hair, blue eyes, a shaped not sharp jaw line with just the one dimple on his cheek as he smiles, and now with a golden tan his features are all perfectly defined. There's definitely still attraction, but that's not what a relationship is simply about.

"Morning," Aston spoke startling me from my thoughts.

"Oh! Morning," I stuttered.

"Sorry."

"lt's okay, I just didn't see you come in."

"I didn't realise you'd be up so early."

"I could say the same thing about you."

He shrugged, "I'd sobered up by the time I got home, couldn't sleep."

"Oh."

I slid the packet of tablets across to him as he repeated my actions from moments ago, pouring himself a glass of orange juice and sitting down.

"I'm sorry about last night, but I did need some time to talk to Charlie alone."

"It doesn't matter."

"I know it's a bit awkward but there's not much I can do at the moment, it's complicated."

"Is it really?"

"Aston," I frowned.

Starting to stir on the couch Charlie stretched out rubbing his eyes with a yawn, I wouldn't mind betting he heard every word of that.

"What's the time?" he asked.

"It's only seven."

Sitting up he stretched a bit more, "I forgot how uncomfortable this couch was."

"Do you want a tea?" I offered.

"Hmm, please babe."

Jumping down from my stool I flicked on the kettle and prepared the drink in his mug. Aston still hovering beside me I could feel the tense atmosphere rising again.

"Can I trust you two not to argue whilst I'm at work?" I sighed.

"I'm going out,' Aston grunted.

"I thought you had a job?" Charlie asked.

"No."

"Well I hope when you say you're going out you mean to the job centre."

"What's it to you?" he snapped.

"You're living in my house, that's what. I never said it was rent free."

"I've got your money, alright," he snarled.