29.

Both in bed a couple of hours after midnight we have never been so far apart. Our bed the width of my body head to toe there's an elephant in between pushing us away to the edge of the mattress. Wide away I lay staring at the wardrobes on the wall beside me, I never answered Aston after he accused me of..well after he found out that this mood of mine is about him and Kelly, and I'm hoping to put it off as long as I can.

"Are you awake?" Aston asked.

Great.

"No," I mumbled.

"Babe come on, we need to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"There's plenty, you know there is."

It's so silent I can hear him breathing behind me, there's never been such an atmosphere between us. I felt his hand touch my shoulder, my body being turned to face his.

"Just leave it Aston."

"No, this is ridiculous. I haven't done anything wrong, why are you making a big deal out of nothing?"

"I'm not, you don't understand."

"Talk to me then. I'm not spending the rest of our time in Essex like this, I'm beginning to wonder why I'm even here."

"It's not my fault you turned in at five o'clock this morning knowing we had an early start," I snapped.

"It wasn't five."

"It wasn't the neighbours, so don't try to kid me with that. I heard you come in."

"Alright, fine. Dave took me up to heights and I couldn't get away, I'd already had my fair share of drink before hand with you guys so I went a little overboard. It's hardly ditching you though, In fact you were the one who left me."

"Don't turn this on me, because the last time I saw you, you were with Kelly."

"I knew this was about Kelly, we haven't even done anything for gods sake."

"That's not what she said."

"Ok we've exchanged numbers, but so what?"

"Mm."

"If she's told you I left with her then she's lying."

"Well it looked likely from where I was standing."

"It was flirting, what is this?" he chuckled. "There was no harm done."

"You don't know her like I do."

"Like what? What is it with you two?"

"It nothing."

"There's obviously something if she's texting you lies. I didn't leave with her last night, I can't even remember the last time I saw her. Is there history or something?"

"She's trouble, that's all. I've seen every side to her over the years."

"So why did we even go out last night? It was your idea."

"Kelly invited you, I didn't think you would jump at the chance like you did."

"It was a night out," he shrugged.

"I wish I never asked now."

"So this is all because of her? This whole argument is because you thought I'd fucked off to have sex with Kelly?"

"What do you expect?" I mumbled. "If Dave hadn't of turned up would you have chosen.." I trailed off.

He frowned, "you mean would I have chosen sex with Kelly over you?"