27.

Awake at eight o'clock I've possibly had the worst nights sleep I've ever had, that's if you could even call it a nights sleep considering I only just about managed three hours. The thought of Aston being with Kelly circled my mind over and over, It shouldn't bother me but it does, and after hearing him stumbling in at five o'clock this morning I no longer doubt Kelly's text. I still feel sick even now.

Ready for Essex I carried my bag through to the living room and flicked on the kettle looking over to Aston's bedroom door still shut tight, I suppose I better call a taxi. Making myself a strong coffee I knocked back two paracetamol to try to get rid of this banging headache, I look and feel terrible, so bad extra concealer hasn't altered a thing. Sitting at the breakfast bar I suddenly heard loud noises.

"Bollocks," Aston moaned with a slam from his wardrobe.

Scrapping around he practically fell out into the living room half-dressed, "I'm sorry, I didn't realise the time."

"I've arranged for a taxi."

"Sorry," he repeated collecting his bag from behind his door.

"Aston, stay here," I sighed.

"No, I said I'll come."

"I don't care."

"I'm fine, I'm ready," he mumbled trying to work out if its him who smells. "Have I got time for a shower though?"

"Half an hour."

Dropping his things on the couch he hurried back into the bathroom, oh well, at least he packed in advance. His bag half-open I peeped inside and checked what he's picked, jeans, t-shirts, jumpers and shirts with his wash bag tucked at the side he's done pretty well for a man. Prepared and ready to go I washed up the last mug so the house is spotless for when we get back, it might only be for one night but I always like to return to a tidy home.

"Have you got any paracetamol?" Aston asked returning fresh-faced and clothed, except for the tired eyes.

"In the cupboard, and wash up your glass."

Nodding he walked past me a little hesitant.

"What time is.."

"It's here," I spoke over him as the doorbell rang.

Picking up both of our bags he took them downstairs whilst I locked up, the driver already helping Aston load up the boot as I joined them.

"Short break?" he asked.

"No, just one night," Aston smiled.

"Essex you said?"

"Chelmsford," I nodded.

Jumping in the back I expected Aston to sit in the front, but instead he joined me and put his phone and cap in the middle.

"Alright?" he asked now en route.

"Yeah."

"Sure?"

"I'm fine."

"Can I get a smile then?"

"I said I'm fine Aston," I insisted, forcing a small one.

I don't mean to be rude, but I've never been one to hide my feelings. I have loads on my mind I can't shift.

"It was a good night wasn't it," he continued, determined to get a conversation from me.

"I suppose," I shrugged.

"Hows the hangover?"

"I haven't got one."

"That's a first."